LG battery set up

mgrande

Reaction score
I've read on here that you're supposed to not set up you're new phone until it is fully charged or you will damage the battery. Is that the case with the G3 and how important is doing so? The guy at best buy said they have to set the phone up in store Thursday when I pick it up. Thoughts?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I never pay attention to the fully charged thing...I use the phone and charge later....today's batteries are better on conditioning ...I do feel personal preference ...I charge around 15% left or so ....and if I can fully charge fine...if not when I sleep the phone charges till morning...

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I was always too excited to wait for it to charge, but with my new S5 I fought the urge and waited until it was completely charged.
As BK mentioned, it's more personal preference and more than likely isn't a major issue. Since most phones come with about 50-60% charge, it's not going to take long to top off.

tap'n on my S5

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
As long as the battery isn't below 15% when they activate it I wouldn't give it a second thought. As a matter of fact, after they activate it go ahead and play with it until your normal charge time (like at night before bed) or when it gets down to about 15%.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

OP
mgrande

mgrande

Reaction score
OK sounds good. I was worried that I'd be permanently messing up my battery. Now I just have to decide on which case I want. Really wish I could see them in person. I may just order two or three since returning stuff on amazon prime is pretty easy.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Congrats.. Let us know how you like your G3.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Let us know what you think about the camera too. I'm really interested in that laser focus contraption. :)

tap'n on my S5

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
We covered this the other day in the G2 forum. Basically, try and only charge between 20 and 80%. Don't worry about memory. Whenever possible, charge while the phone is off. However, the G3 has a removable battery again, so it's not imperative that you follow the proper Ion charging rules because you can just replace the battery if it gets weak.

http://www.droidforums.net/threads/question-about-frequent-charging.270815/