LG G3 supports MicroSD Memory up to 2TB & Wireless Charging

KaChow

Reaction score
According to several sources the G3 will be able to support up to 2TB worth of MicroSD Expandable Storage. Eventhough, this technology is not yet available on Amazon, when it is available the G3 will be able to fully support it.

Also, here is a look at wireless charging

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Nice. Next question, if there was a 2TB microSD card, who here thinks they could afford it?:biggrin:

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Would anyone ever need 2TB on their phone? That's like 4 X what I have in my MAC... Do you think it comes with a wireless charger?

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
Nice. Next question, if there was a 2TB microSD card, who here thinks they could afford it?:biggrin:

I don't even want to take a guess at what the cost would be for a 2TB microSD card, yikes!

Would anyone ever need 2TB on their phone? That's like 4 X what I have in my MAC... Do you think it comes with a wireless charger?

If this device comes wireless charger ready that would be a huge bonus, if the charger was included or sold separately but a plug and go, without extra accessories, that would be a win!:biggrin:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
2TB cards will be available in probably 3-4 years...affordable in probably 5-6 years. The 128gig that just came out costs $120. I'm looking forward to 256 though!

Although that little bit seems more marketing then anything, as it probably has more to do with Android and if your phone supports a 64gig card, I don't see why it wouldn't support the 128 and (some day) the 2TB

But at least LG is keeping the SD slot. C'mon, at least give me the option of adding storage.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
My guess is they will keep increasing RAM and internal memory. It wouldn't surprise me to see 8g Ram and 128G internal memory in a couple of years. At that point the SD slot will most likely go away.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
If 500gb drives is the standard on PC's, really no reason it won't become the standard on phones.

The SD slot might go away, but ultimately it will be cheaper to go with like 32gb standard internal and a SD slot for whatever the user wants.

dl1762

Reaction score
Will it have sd on verizon? The g2 did not

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
Will it have sd on verizon? The g2 did not

Yes it will up to 128gb's of external storage.

dl1762

Reaction score
Great kachow