Lenovo Jumps into the Android Tablet Fray with a Strong Competitor

pyro6128

Reaction score
Ah it doesn't do that. Not really a biggie for me, but I could see how that would be a very nice feature for some. I wonder if an app would be able to accomplish that same thing

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Ah it doesn't do that. Not really a biggie for me, but I could see how that would be a very nice feature for some. I wonder if an app would be able to accomplish that same thing

I think it's quite possible that an app could accomplish it. I believe there's an app on the Ipad that does it.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
I use a stylus on my gtab and xoom as well...
Just to clarify, I mentioned the one I had seen with them were thick...
But after looking at it...
The hard buttons are an instant fail, love the versatility of a clean slate :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

BlacknTan

Reaction score
Whats the big deal with the stylus though? Capacitive styluses are already out. I use a capacitive stylus to take notes/draw on my gtablet all the time. Also, as someone said before having a usb port doesn't necessarily mean the device will be huge

From: N-Trig Android Tablet With DuoSense | TheTechJournal.com

" Utilizing N-trig hardware, devices running over Android can expand conventional slate functionality by using both the DuoSense pen and multi-touch capabilities. The combination of DuoSense and Android opens up new windows of opportunity for the Android pen community to utilize the N-trig Digital PencilTM to expand functionality from traditional media consumption and create pen-enabled applications for more precise and creative on-screen user interaction.N-trig‘s DuoSense solution will be integrated in a number of Android slates due to be launched in 2011."

The difference will probably be better implementation of stylus input and the capability of converting handwriting to text. I would bet n-trig is going to be integrated into the lenovo tablets.

For me, and for others (I know a number of psychiatrists and other medical doctors who would love a tablet like this), converting handwriting to text would be huge. Tablet PC's are very expensive. I can't justify paying an extra $1000 over the cost of a decent business laptop just so I can write my notes in session (as opposed to writing them after the session is over, which is what I do now). However a $500 tablet that does handwriting recognition would be amazing. The additional laptop dock is definitely icing.

pyro6128

Reaction score
Whats the big deal with the stylus though? Capacitive styluses are already out. I use a capacitive stylus to take notes/draw on my gtablet all the time. Also, as someone said before having a usb port doesn't necessarily mean the device will be huge

From: N-Trig Android Tablet With DuoSense | TheTechJournal.com

" Utilizing N-trig hardware, devices running over Android can expand conventional slate functionality by using both the DuoSense pen and multi-touch capabilities. The combination of DuoSense and Android opens up new windows of opportunity for the Android pen community to utilize the N-trig Digital PencilTM to expand functionality from traditional media consumption and create pen-enabled applications for more precise and creative on-screen user interaction.N-trig‘s DuoSense solution will be integrated in a number of Android slates due to be launched in 2011."

The difference will probably be better implementation of stylus input and the capability of converting handwriting to text. I would bet n-trig is going to be integrated into the lenovo tablets.

For me, and for others (I know a number of psychiatrists and other medical doctors who would love a tablet like this), converting handwriting to text would be huge. Tablet PC's are very expensive. I can't justify paying an extra $1000 over the cost of a decent business laptop just so I can write my notes in session (as opposed to writing them after the session is over, which is what I do now). However a $500 tablet that does handwriting recognition would be amazing. The additional laptop dock is definitely icing.

in the mean time, you should check out writepad, it converts handwriting to text. It works very well. I personally use handrite right now for my notes, but it keeps them in my handwriting rather than text.