LauncherPro Plus issues

alonsou

Reaction score
I paid for this app a few weeks ago, I had no issues using it with CM6 but now that I went back to UD8 I need to install the update of LauncherPro and I keep getting "installation unsuccessful" any idea how to fix this?

Thanks

Jmart922

Reaction score
Are you talking about launcher pro plus or the free app version, I have pro plus and if I switch between roms ill try to add the LPP Widgets but in order to do so I have to get a verification code of some sort to use LPP again, LP allows you to do this after trying to add specific LPP Widgets to any of the home screens...hope this helps, if your speaking about specifically Installing the app, have you tried visiting the developers website, you can access it once you click on the app in the market and try DL the actual APK file to your phone just make sure you have unknown sources under settings and applications

OP
alonsou

alonsou

Reaction score
This is about the LauncherPro Plus, I have my code and I set up my messaging and contacts widget, I wanted it to set up my "Friends" (facebook and twitter) but I realized the working version that I'm currently using does not have the "friends" widget so thats why I went to the market to download the most updated version and keep getting unsuccessful installations.

Jmart922

Reaction score
Okay, the version you are currently using might be outdated, try going to the developers website and downloading the apk file straight from the site, my current version is 7.9.0

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
LP is probably a system app included in the UD 8.0 rom. for any system app included in any rom, you will not be able to automatically install an update from the mkt. but, if you "have to have" the update, there are several things you can try. (** i can't believe i don't have this as a cut and paste text - but i will now! **)

the easiest way is thru root explorer (unless UD has a menu option for deleting system apps). go into system/app, and then click the "mount r/w" button (to change the system files from read only to read/write). then find the LP app, long press on it, and then hit "delete". then push the "mount ro" button to change back to read only, exit out of root explorer and then reboot (this is important to get the change in system apps to "take.") when you boot back up, you should be able to install LP from the mkt, with the update, and then put in your code to unlock LP+.

the second avenue is thru Terminal Emulator. type in:

su
sysrw
rm /system/app/launcherpro.apk
sysro
reboot

again, it's necessary to actually type in "reboot" and enter, to get the change to take.

finally, you can go into the rom zip file, manually delete/remove the app, and then reflash the newly configured rom zip file w/o the system app. then you should be able to dl the updated app from the market.

OP
alonsou

alonsou

Reaction score
huskerkate you are my hero!!!.... thanks a lot it worked like a charm!! thanks a for your help!!!