Launcher questions

mapz99

Reaction score
Been looking at launcher apps.
Any recommendations for the S4?
Is there any downside to using a launcher?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use Nova Prime. Apex and Go launchers are also popular. No real downside except maybe some touchwiz widgets won't work.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Atom! Poor little Atom gets no love on this forum. Does 98% of what Nova does but does it smoother.
And there's no PRO version you have to pay for.

bbtkd

Reaction score
I used to have GoLauncher on my Bionic, but on my S4 I've moved to Nova. My main issue with GoLauncher was the inconvenience of frequent patching. I have had no issues with Nova. I really only have a launcher to get more icons on the screen - I use a lot of apps and widgets.

coryrk26

Reaction score
I use Nova prime. Love it. I've tried plenty of other launchers and typically delete them within a day and go back to Nova. It's very customizable, including an update that kind of mirrors kit kat.

OP
M

mapz99

Reaction score
Looks like Nova preferred. Downloaded and installed. Been playing around with it. Looks good so far. Thanks all.

coryrk26

Reaction score
Downloaded everything me today, new launcher recently out of beta. Pretty cool so far, not sure it'll take the place of Nova...

phil72

Reaction score
I was using Nova launcher for the longest time it's pretty good, however I just downloaded Next launcher 3d & once I figured a few things out I really like it. Still very new to me though I only got it about 3 day's ago but figuring it out as I go, only thing I really want to figure out atm is creating folder's so I can put similar apps together but haven't figured that one out yet. Just downloaded an app today actually and it's a user's guide for Next Launcher so hopefully it's information will point me in the right direction, if your not too comfortable with jumping feet first into complicated Launchers Etc. Nova launcher is really cool & not too difficult to figure your way around & there's tons of icon packages etc for it I liked it alot. Good luck & have fun, let us know how you make out.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Been looking at launcher apps.
Any recommendations for the S4?
Is there any downside to using a launcher?
I've tried them all, I think. I prefer Apex. I think it is a matter of personal preference. For me, Apex has more customization and add-ons that I use.

bsghs02

Reaction score
I used Nova Prime, was perfect for just a launcher for a clean interface.

lgalcarte

Reaction score
Atom! Poor little Atom gets no love on this forum. Does 98% of what Nova does but does it smoother.
And there's no PRO version you have to pay for.

i thought I had tried them all! I downloaded Atom today and so far I LOVE it! Nova Prime was my favorite but I'm ready for something new and different. This is nice! Thanks! :icon_ lala:

phil72

Reaction score
Nova Prime is definitely a good one but there's some Launchers I never heard of here & there usually because they suck, it's true though it'll come down to your personal preference & what you want in a launcher you'll have to try a few before you decide.

coryrk26

Reaction score
Downloaded the new Google experience launcher. Pretty much same old thing. Back to Nova again already...