Is there a way to save all of my customization before a factory reset?

BadeMillsap

Reaction score
I did the ota update (accidentally) and of course don't have the wifi toggle... But, I have lot's of home screen /app screen customization with many folders... Is there a way to save all of that and then restore after factory reset? Using stock launcher.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Using stock launcher and not rooted? I don't think so.

Hope i'm wrong.

A factory reset wont bring you down to the previous android version though, if that's what you were thinking?

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Do a search for backup apps in the play store.. There are some that will back up a lot of info even without root....

Proudly from Beer Tent Capital of the World

jtpowell

Reaction score
I did the ota update (accidentally) and of course don't have the wifi toggle... But, I have lot's of home screen /app screen customization with many folders... Is there a way to save all of that and then restore after factory reset? Using stock launcher.

Sent from my Galaxy S4
Helium and Carbon backup from ClockWorkMod will do a full adb backup without root. You will need your PC and companion app the first time.

OP
B

BadeMillsap

Reaction score
Does Helium backup /restore the customization I have done on the several home screens? In other words... I have several folders set up on each screen with different apps... And widgets placed in particular places... Those are the things I want to recover after factory reset

Sent from my Galaxy S4

jtpowell

Reaction score
Does Helium backup /restore the customization I have done on the several home screens? In other words... I have several folders set up on each screen with different apps... And widgets placed in particular places... Those are the things I want to recover after factory reset

Sent from my Galaxy S4
I'm pretty sure it does and that would be the System TouchWiz Home app. Install, add a few test shortcuts, backup, delete the test shortcuts and then do a restore.

OP
B

BadeMillsap

Reaction score
To complete the circle this did work. I had to install Kies rather than the Samsung drivers to get Helium to work. Backing up Touch Wiz data and then restoring it does put items back where they were

Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy S4