Odin tried installing itself on my phone? Foxfi issue or virus?

MikeGoob

Reaction score
Samsung S4 using Nova Launcher

My phone has shut itself down a few times lately, because of heat but no other warning signs. I do use FoxFi and nova launcher.

Basically some texts weren't going through so I decided to reboot. Suddenly I get a samsung message warning me about different Operating Systems, push volume up or down to accept or cancel.

I had recently accepted the samsung 'policy update' so I thought this was relating to my using nova launcher.

So I accept it -- then in small writing I see Odin downloading etc... What?? I pull the battery even though it said not to.

I rebooted and things look fine so far.

What happened??

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
It's hard to say without seeing a screenshot or knowing exactly what you saw. I assume you're rooted since you're running FoxFi? If so, it could have simply been a file for Odin, and that would have been normal.
Fortunately everything turned out well. You never want to pull your battery in the middle of a download as that can cause major problems, as I'm sure you know.
Personally I would look into what's causing your device to shut down as that's definitely not normal and you could end up eventually frying your board if you allow it to continue overheating.
Good luck & let us know if you need a hand with anything.

tap'n on my S5