Launcher pro

Reaction score
I have a droid 2 and installed launcher pro plus on it and lately i've been noticing that my unlock screen is very slow and when I scroll through my home pages my background picture flickers much like it would with the stock launcher. I downloaded launcher pro to get rid of this! is this happening to anybody else?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What do you mean when you say it flickers i'm not experiencing either of these problems but my first question would be if you are using widgets and if so which ones

pool_shark

Reaction score
I didn't have any lag with the stock launcher and I don't have any with launcher pro.

If you didn't remove all of the widgets from the home screens before installing LP that could be your problem.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I didn't have any lag with the stock launcher and I don't have any with launcher pro.

If you didn't remove all of the widgets from the home screens before installing LP that could be your problem.

Yes - I'd recommend removing all widgets from the stock home screen if you're not going to use it.

Jim_KT

Reaction score
Interesting.

So, it is recommended to remove (not uninstall) all widgets prior to installing LauncherPro? That wasn't in the instructions.

I have some slightly "unsmooth" scrolling through my homescreens. The only widgets that I have are the LauncherPro facebook, agenda, and some news widgets followed by the Weather & Toggle widget. All animations off.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Interesting.

So, it is recommended to remove (not uninstall) all widgets prior to installing LauncherPro? That wasn't in the instructions.

I have some slightly "unsmooth" scrolling through my homescreens. The only widgets that I have are the LauncherPro facebook, agenda, and some news widgets followed by the Weather & Toggle widget. All animations off.

That's not LP specific, it's general advice on a Droid when you switch home screens. :)

I've got 5 home screens, LP Friends, People, and Messaging widgets, various other widgets and icons, etc. Scrolling is smooth unless I try to scroll right after changing orientation from landscape to portrait or vice versa.

When you want to change homescreens it only takes a small left or right swipe gesture...maybe you're over-swiping? :)

want a droid

Reaction score
I noticed my home screens on LP became a lot smoother after I went back to my stock launcher and deleted everything I had on that. I only had about three screens full of icons and a couple widgets, but with the stock launcher completely clean I feel like I have a slight improvement in LP.

Quanius

Reaction score
I read the author is in the midst of re-writing the entire LP code to accommodate Froyo. Sounds like we all need to sit tight for some flawless function.

Ghostwhite

Reaction score
only thing I don't like is LP seems to get buggy with icons like my Date and Time and all of my contacts 'shortcuts'

I have to hold the icon and then stretch the resize box out and back and it switches to normal

Edit- Any ideas or other people have this issue?

OP
B
Reaction score
I am currently only using the friends widget and I did remove everything from the stock launcher before installing launcher pro. This bothers be because there is definite lag on both of my launchers not so much in the actual screens sliding in, they r smooth but the background flickers when I switch betwen them, more so on the stock launcher but it definately happens on both. I guess I cant really describe the flickering much more than that.

Jim_KT

Reaction score
Very interesting. I'll uninstall LPP and remove all items from my homescreen, then reinstall LPP.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am currently only using the friends widget and I did remove everything from the stock launcher before installing launcher pro. This bothers be because there is definite lag on both of my launchers not so much in the actual screens sliding in, they r smooth but the background flickers when I switch betwen them, more so on the stock launcher but it definately happens on both. I guess I cant really describe the flickering much more than that.

That sounds odd...never seen that. Have you messed w/any of the LP settings at all, or all defaults?

OP
B
Reaction score
I know its weird. Everything is default except that I have 7 screens instead of 3 and I only use one dock with custom dreamlyfe icons. Its frustrating because my friends d1 is much more smooth than mine is in fact I'd almost prefer a d1 over my d2, I've been pretty disappointed in it so far, just because of what I'm complaining about, it just isn't as smooth as other phones out there.

Ghostwhite

Reaction score
Very interesting. I'll uninstall LPP and remove all items from my homescreen, then reinstall LPP.

If you don't wanna uninstall you can use 'home switcher' app to go back and forth, I just did this today after seeing this thread and it worked flawlessly

droidphreak

Reaction score
LPP is slighty buggier since I recieved 2.2 on my X. When I ran it under 2.1 I had zero issues. I just uninstalled it and will wait till the dev updates it for 2.2.