Latest Droid X system update PROBLEMS

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
This new software update more than SUCKS!!! This isn't what I purchased. When I switched from my iPhone to a DriodX I took into consideration many options and functions. Had this piece of crap software been the current operating system at the time of purchase.... I never would have purchased it. The texting features are absolutely awful. Everything is awful. It took me 20 minutes to figure out how to add a new contact. Another 30 minutes to figure out how to save a picture. I'm going to call Motorola tomorrow to see if I can download the old software. If that isn't possible I will be visiting an Apple store ASAP.

Even a defective android is better than top of the line ios lol
What you are asking for is a sbf back to froyo or 2.2.1, that will give you out of box os

Liberated X2

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Is this the thread of no return? There're a lot of problems listed here.

If your email doesn't work try a different app. K9, touchdown, gmail, etc., etc.

If your phone is acting funky, look at the apps/widgets/live wallpapers you've installed. Uninstall apps that you've installed that run on boot for no reason. No auto-task killers, no antivirus, etc., etc.

WIFI problems, I don't know how you've config'd your router. Don't use WPA2 for starters.

Keyboard problems? Use a different keyboard.

Texting problems, use a different texting app.

Took you 20 minutes to figure out how to add a contact?...please describe your adventure.

Took you 30 minutes to figure out how to save a picture?...does it still take that long?

If you think that an iPhone makes more sense than an Android...go with the iPhone! I for one cannot stand iTunes, limits on apps I can install, etc., etc.

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
Is this the thread of no return? There're a lot of problems listed here.If your email doesn't work try a different app. K9, touchdown, gmail, etc., etc.If your phone is acting funky, look at the apps/widgets/live wallpapers you've installed. Uninstall apps that you've installed that run on boot for no reason. No auto-task killers, no antivirus, etc., etc.WIFI problems, I don't know. Don't use WPA2.Keyboard problems? Use a different keyboard.Texting problems, use a different texting app.Took you 20 minutes to figure out how to add a contact?...please describe your adventure...Took you 30 minutes to figure out how to save a picture?...does it still take that long???If you think that an iPhone makes more sense than an Android...go with the iPhone! I for one cannot stand iTunes, limits on apps I can install, etc., etc.

For some reason this comes to mind lol
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=178095

Liberated X2

idraw4aliving

Reaction score
Thanks for the Update, uggh

In a bit of hell as well. chatted with motorola tech, no going back on OS and they cant fix it. have to Reset. what a pain and we didnt ask for this upgrade did we?

kevinkar

Reaction score
Do a Google search on how to revert back to Froyo using the Linux CD method. It's so easy, a caveman can do it. That will completely wipe your phone and return it back to out of the box Froyo (technically, MY out of the box was Eclair) after which you'll install Z4Root and Titanium Backup (I believe you'll need to pay for the Pro version) to freeze the updater so you don't get any Gingerbread updates ever again. Problem solved.