Latest and Greatest Droid

Stevo223

Reaction score
So im due for an upgrade from Verizon and currently I have the Droid3, im looking for a phone with

-4g
-some kind of dual core or as of right now top of the line mobile phone processor

-ice cream sandwich? Im concerned if this is "better" than gingerbread

Thanks, and im looking for honest opinions if you would like to say something else or add to my list, please feel free

i do like the galaxy S II but i think its 3g

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I personally think ICS is better than GB but that of course is subjective. I prefer my OS to be vanilla too

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
your current choices are Razr, Rezound, and the Nexus. All have their pros and cons and there is no clear winner between the 3. Droid 4 should also be out shortly if you need a slide out KB.

Do a search, you can find tons of comparisons and I encourage you to go to Verizon and try all 3. What is good for 1 maybe not be good for another.

As far as ICS goes, its a big upgrade over GB. It feels much more polished and user friendly. People say some of their apps don't work with ICS, but just about all of mine do andso long as the dev is still actively supporting the app it seems to be upgraded to support ICS pretty quickly.

Last edited:

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Delete double post

Last edited:

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Dezymond I am right there with you. I prefer stock android and ICS IMO takes the cake. I am very, very satisfied with stock ICS.

The Galaxy SII is not available on Verizon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
Stevo223

Stevo223

Reaction score
thanks for all your input, and yes i researched the galaxy and it's not for VZW

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Just stay away from Motorola locked bootloaders....anything but a Motorola

While I tend to agree with you on this, the large majority of users could care less about this. I have a feeling the OP doesn't know what a boot loader is, if he did I feel like he wouldn't be posting a pretty general question that most of us modding type would know the deal already.

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
thanks for all your input, and yes i researched the galaxy and it's not for VZW

They have the Galaxy Nexus, not the Galaxy S2. Pretty similar spec wise though. Not sure why you would not lime the S2, its probably the best non Verizon phone currently out.

OP
Stevo223

Stevo223

Reaction score
While I tend to agree with you on this, the large majority of users could care less about this. I have a feeling the OP doesn't know what a boot loader is, if he did I feel like he wouldn't be posting a pretty general question that most of us modding type would know the deal already.

I do know what a boot loader is, and i was planning on loading ICS onto my droid 3, what are you guys saying about Locked boot loaders? I was planning on rooting my D3, it would be the first.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Only disadvantage of a locked bootloader is the fact you can't flash kernels and resuscitating a softbrick means sbf or some fooling around with adb if you bootloop. Otherwise, it's just a question of dev support.

I bet I'm not alone in waiting for a moto nexus or equivalent though.

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
I do know what a boot loader is, and i was planning on loading ICS onto my droid 3, what are you guys saying about Locked boot loaders? I was planning on rooting my D3, it would be the first.

Sorry, no intentions to insult your knowledge. I am not familiar with the D3, but I was under the assumption that it has a locked boot loader. All it means is that you are somewhat limited in what you are actually able to do with the phone. I believe that custom mods can only be made from the original source of the rom where with an unlocked boot loader you can install custom roms from different source. Confusing, but I am sure a Google search can explain this better.

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
I've upset the master! My apology my lord.:hail:

Haha. Its not that. Just that a lot of people come here for general info. To tell them to stay away from moto is a little extreme as most RAZR users, both the dev type and the non dev type, are extremely happy with the phone.

But if the user has intentions on hacking it and molding is a top priority than the Nexus is the way to go and I agree with the notion of stay away from locked boot loaders since it makes things more complicated.