Lapdock 500 with D4 on ICS

TexasSilhouette

Reaction score
I upgraded my phone this weekend to Ice Cream Sandwich and after much downloading and indexing, it finally stabilized so I plugged it into my Lapdock 500 to see the new Webtop.
I liked the old Webtop OK but it was a bit kludgey and not real intuitive but it got the job done. I have to say this is much better in both function and performance.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2 and Google Voice Typing

Benton

Reaction score
For me the difference in Lapdock 500 performance is the single-most impressive improvement between GB and the upgrade to ICS. The GB experience on the Lapdock was clunky, it worked but tended to be a bit laggy and almost always left my phone hot and discharging and remaining warm even after removing the phone from the Lapdock until I rebooted (apps still pulling even when not needed apparently). With ICS the Lapdock works as I felt it was intended, smooth and basically as good as a laptop but with full access to the phone's function and files.

Theron

Reaction score
I love ICS on my Lapdock 500. But it bums me out that right click is broken....trying to use it in Chrome, no luck. Other than that, I have no complaints.

orange93

Reaction score
I really like the high quality in sound, and i love how it answers the phone, its the simple things lol, over all i enjoy the lapdock 500 cause you save when buying this instead of a laptop. i wanted it to replace a laptop and was advised not too, although it uses my phones data plan which has everything i need in a laptop anyways so im happy with the route i took.
http://amzn.to/Pn1lJV

OP
T

TexasSilhouette

Reaction score
If you add the Bluetooth remote/handset, you don't have to use the speakerphone to answer a call. Very handy to have sit opposite your mouse.

It can't/doesn't replace my laptop but it is nice for light computing and entertainment. If I were non business traveling, I would/will take it and leave my laptop at home.

The PERFECT companion to my digital camera. So nice that I can plug my camera into the lapdock and review, Photoshop, and upload the photos directly to a web album and/or use Motocast to have them go directly to my laptop wherever it may be. I've used it to send a buddy his own pictures by using the SD card slot.

Not perfect but way more power and versatility than anything else out there.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2