Lapdock 500 Use - Phone Gets Real Hot

Benton

Reaction score
I have the Lapdock 500 and use it for 1 or 2 hours daily. After a while of use the phone heats up and the battery begins to lose charge (and of course stops charging). I do not know anyone else that has this combo of Droid4 with Lapdock 500 so thought it best to "throw it out there" and see if anyone else has a similar experience or idea on how to keep the phone from discharging while in the Lapdock.

Big D

Reaction score
Not sure if this can be related, but I have a modded Atrix dock that used to do that. Got wicked hot and I think it made the whole thing very glitchy and unstable.

The good news is that after flashing the leak with Webtop 3.0 and it is WAY better. The whole think is much more responsive and stable. And the battery issue is very much improved.

crabsalt

Reaction score
Mine gets super-hot too. I haven't used it for more than 2 hours at a time though, and the phone was still at 100% charge when I pulled it out

[edit] To clarify, I used the lapdock unplugged for two hours. I've used it for longer, but it was plugged in. It sat on a kid's lap while he watched The Goonies and a show off my phone with headphones.

Last edited:

schatzy62

Reaction score
I have the D4 and a Bionic Lap Dock (works great) and I noticed yesterday that the battery had stopped charging and the phone was very very hot. checked the battery temp and it was up at about 70C which in my book is way to high. But i had been using it to down load a torrent, web surf, e-mail, and listen to music via bluetooth and text all at the same time so I am thinking that the whole phone was just generating a lot of heat from doing all that processing and it never slowed down either which i thought was great.

But then again it also seems that when charging the battery temp is about 50C which is much higher than my old Droid X ever used to get.

i am going to keep an eye on the temps and see what happens. And report back if i find/figure anything out.