Known apps to cause Droid to be sluggish.

sekhmet1012

Reaction score
I have had freezing and lag issues associated with the Yahoo Messenger app. Lag was so severe I uninstalled app and issues resolved immediately.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Highwrath

Reaction score
I have had freezing and lag issues associated with the Yahoo Messenger app. Lag was so severe I uninstalled app and issues resolved immediately.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

have the same issue with Yahoo Mess. on DroidX

Christobal

Reaction score
Wow - I was going crazy about how my Droid had slowed down. Going back to the home screen from the browser or Google maps, it would 30 seconds for the widgets and app shortcuts to load and it was basically unresponsive during that time.
I stumbled upon a comment on another forum and tried this:
Go to Settings>Display and disable all animations.
Amazing difference! Now my Droid is as snappy as it was fresh out of the box!
And so far I do not see any other difference in the UI, nothing I am missing out on. dancedroid

Thanks SO much Droidbound. I came to this forum today to see if I could find an answer for the same problem. My Droid was set to "some animations". I set it to "none" and it flies now. I don't even know what "animations" I am missing as everything looks the same, just a LOT faster.

Yours,

C

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Besides the ones mentioned above, one that not only kills performance but also battery is Weatherbug ..both the free and elite versions.

That one app caused so many problems for me, once it was uninstalled just about all of them were gone and my battery life increase by at least 50 %.

Also stay away from Trapster .. that pos was draining my phone faster than the car charger could charge the battery.

srothkin

Reaction score
Besides the ones mentioned above, one that not only kills performance but also battery is Weatherbug ..both the free and elite versions.

That one app caused so many problems for me, once it was uninstalled just about all of them were gone and my battery life increase by at least 50 %.

I've been using weatherbug and weatherbug locator for months without any problems. I have it set to update once every 30 minutes.

Natey2

Reaction score
My buddy was playing with my phone yesterday, as he is looking into getting the droid or eris, and he was saying how crazy laggy and sluggish it was from last time he played with it. Which was day after I got it. I also notice that when I try to put a shortcut on the home screen, and select 'applications' the list takes forever to show up.I got to thinking that it must be an app that I have installed, becasue I had no apps at that time. Now I have at least 40+ apps. Is there any know apps that cause phone to be laggy and slow down?

Resource/memory leaks!
See my findings and analysis:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...what-my-android-apps-doing-behind-scenes.html

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yahoo Messenger was really bad. Made my phone freeze alot and required tons of battery pulls. Also made it really slow.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Bullwinkle

Reaction score
I was having horrendous issues w my phone a while back. Laggy, could hardly answer a call it took so long for the answer screen to come up, random lockups that only a reboot would fix. Eventually my phone became completely unusable, as in nothing would work.

I ended up restoring a couple months old backup just to see what would happen, and whatdaya know, back to it's old self!

Seems like some app must have been botching it, but I never did figure out what...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Jale

Reaction score
Smart Bar caused freezes, restarts, and other miseries. I liked the functionality but my Droid X runs much better now without it.

camarob4c

Reaction score
Wow - I was going crazy about how my Droid had slowed down. Going back to the home screen from the browser or Google maps, it would 30 seconds for the widgets and app shortcuts to load and it was basically unresponsive during that time.
I stumbled upon a comment on another forum and tried this:
Go to Settings>Display and disable all animations.
Amazing difference! Now my Droid is as snappy as it was fresh out of the box!
And so far I do not see any other difference in the UI, nothing I am missing out on. dancedroid

My Droid X has been experiencing severe lag. Drives me NUTS. I just uninstalled atk. Didn't notice much improvement. Then found the above post, and WOW.... sucker flies now.

Thanks

clark3554

Reaction score
Thanks so much. As soon as I turned off my animations the phone is wayyyy faster. By the way, what animations was it taking about cause I didn't notice anything different besides faster phone performance

jdipier2

Reaction score
Seems slow only when I fist turn on screen and slide keyboard out. Happened after I had an app open. Any other time its super quick esp when I unlock phone to get to home screen.

Suuperflie

Reaction score
I was using PandaHome2 and really liked the flexibility compared to the stock launcher, but my droid became sluggish as hell and started FC'ing a lot. I bought the phone in Feb to save my upgrade for the Bionic and just got brave enough to root it the other day. This morning I loaded Chevy1's Simply Stunning 4.96 ROM and even without the overclocking checked and all my previous apps/widgets still there my phone screams. It scrolls smoothly with no lag and the launcher does pretty much everything I did with PandaHome2. I even have a CyanogenMod theme running on it. I couldn't be happier it's like a new phone.