Droid is lagging.. Should I do a Factory Reset?

shugknight

Reaction score
Alright, I've had my Droid since launch. For about a month now, I've noticed that it has been sluggish and lags with certain apps or things I'm doing on the phone. Many times it also freezes on me. Knowing that this has happened since recently, I'm thinking i have a rogue app that is causing these issues.

should I run a factory data reset? will that fix the problem? also, will the FDR erase all my contacts? thanks for the help!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I would eliminate the most recently installed app(s) and go from there. If deleting the most recently installed apps does not fix the issue a reset is in order.

I think you are correct though in your assessment. It's a bad app(s)

As a side note if you are running an AV (anti-virus) program get rid of it. They are known to cause issues like you are seeing.

Riley

Reaction score
Hmm not sure. I noticed that my Droid has been acting way weird today, black screen, had to do a battery pull, then acting sluggish and buggy. The only thing I can think of is GDE had an update this AM and I use it for my home screens. Maybe it's causing it. The only other update I've had since it started acting like this was Google maps last night.

ShowTime

Reaction score
Probably a stupid question, but gave you done a 30sec battery pull since your issues started? Might be worth a shot. Every now and then my phone gets a little laggy and a quick power down and battery pull does the trick.

slinky

Reaction score
Probably a stupid question, but gave you done a 30sec battery pull since your issues started? Might be worth a shot. Every now and then my phone gets a little laggy and a quick power down and battery pull does the trick.

If this is what you need then you have a problem. I reboot and done. If you have a case, pulling your battery will kill your cases quickly.

OP
S

shugknight

Reaction score
Thanks Guys. The thing is, I'm not sure if it's a bad recently installed app, or just an update to an app that I already had. I don't use any home replacements (used to use Home++ but got rid of it a month ago) so I don't think that could be the problem. Also no AV.

I've only done battery pulls when my droid locks up completely and I can't do anything with it for 5 or more minutes, but no BP's out of the ordinary.

I've also deleted some of my larger apps, but still notice some lag. hmm.. it's gotten me stumped.