Known apps to cause Droid to be sluggish.

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by neemo6, Jan 22, 2010.

1. neemo6

neemo6 New Member

My buddy was playing with my phone yesterday, as he is looking into getting the droid or eris, and he was saying how crazy laggy and sluggish it was from last time he played with it. Which was day after I got it. I also notice that when I try to put a shortcut on the home screen, and select 'applications' the list takes forever to show up.I got to thinking that it must be an app that I have installed, becasue I had no apps at that time. Now I have at least 40+ apps. Is there any know apps that cause phone to be laggy and slow down?
  2. mjones1052

mjones1052 New Member

Many, pretty much all, of the home replacement apps can cause this. I reccomend not using any of them and just getting the 2.1's 5 screen home replacement from this website and just using that. A lot of the features in them look nice, but they really can wreak havoc on your phone.
  3. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Advanced Task Killer has been mentioned by several as the cause of issues they were having on the Droid.
  4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

+1 been many, many reports of this app causing problems, people remove it, problem gone.
  5. New2u

New2u DF Super Moderator

Never once had a problem with ATK, ever and i've had it from the beginning. But you also have to know not to close down the apps that the system itself calls up, if you leave those alone it doesn't mess with anything. (Not sure it messed with anything when i did close those down)
  6. gatewayad

gatewayad Guest

Sports Tap drug mine down really slow
  7. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

No one said this?.... ANTI-VIRUS apps! On top of slowing down your device, there are no known or confirmed viruses for Android. It's a fluff app that serves no real purpose! :icon_ nono:
  8. neemo6

neemo6 New Member

Wow just removed, ATK and the app list issue is gone. App drawer seems to come up quicker as well.
  9. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Hmmm, I use ATK...haven't noticed any problems. What specific problems do you have when using it?

What do you use instead?
  10. chris420o

chris420o New Member

nothing...why dont people get yet that atk is not necessary on your droid...force closing apps goes against the phones natural processes causing it to slow down by reopening and such...no reason to force close anything except for the placebo effect you get that your phone is running faster bc your closing it when in fact it does the opposite...you close apps yourself when u back off them and your phone will close apps on its own and if an app is not being used its in a paused state using zero resources until it is opened again...thats how android works now stop forcing it to do what its not meant to...atk is not needed for droids...at all
  11. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Nice, I will uninstall.
  12. evan1005

evan1005 New Member

Where do I navigate to find said 2.1 5-screen home replacement? I looked on this website and couldn't find. Forgive me if I'm stupid; it's Friday, and my brain is jello. :icon_eek:
  13. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

Search the forums for "2.1 Launcher" and you should find it :)
  14. hophead

hophead New Member

Chris:
    Every VZW rep I have spoken with tells me to run ATK because it improves the battery life by shutting down unused tasks. Are you saying that this information in incorrect? As you know, the Droid is a power hog, and anything I can do to help extend the battery between charges is important.
  15. gentlefury

gentlefury New Member

Yes that information is dead wrong! Most vzw reps have no clue about what they are selling...some of them actually carry the device but most of them receive info from customers. Someone comes back for a case after a week of owning it, they heard ATK was good, they are using it much like everyone that first gets their droid.....so yes you received false information!
  16. Kdubbjr

Kdubbjr New Member

Whoa I never knew this either...I'll uninstall and see if it improves my phone
  17. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

I uninstalled, and honestly it seemed to run slower.
  18. chris420o

chris420o New Member

Gentle thank you for being so quick in your response you took the words out of my mouth...trust me we by reading these forums know way more than your local verizon tech at the store who sit and assume...the guy told my gf to dl atk bc is the only way to totally close your browser and will slow the phone...now really bc closing all ur windows and maybe having just google in a paused unused state will slow down the phone? Simply idiotic...I told her don't dl atk if this was a necessary function our 500 dollar phone would have it stock so don't trust a guy over the next bc he has a red shirt on
  19. chris420o

chris420o New Member

Matthew my first droid I atkilled the ish out of it and when I used my cousins n sisters it seemed ten times faster...I got a replacement never touched atk and couldn't be happier with my phones performance
  20. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

I have certain programs that I use all the time on exception...I only close the programs out that I'm not using, like Movies, Sports, etc.
Search tags for this page
android apps known to cause problems
android apps slowing down phone

android apps that cause problems

applications that slow down android
apps that cause problems
apps that cause problems droid

apps that slow down android

common apps that slow down android
list of android apps that cause problems
what android apps slow the phone down

what apps slow down android