Kit Kat yet for LG G2?

biggles

Reaction score
I've seen a few folks elsewhere posting that they had received the kitkat update for their g2. So post here once you get yours. Sounds like it will be here soon for many of us.

acejavelin

Reaction score
I've seen a few folks elsewhere posting that they had received the kitkat update for their g2. So post here once you get yours. Sounds like it will be here soon for many of us.

I think everyone but Verizon has it... There has been some grumbling in the forums of people pulling a 24A build off the LG servers for the VS980, but so far all attempts to install it have failed. It is "anticipated" to be available to the general public toward the end of April, at least many sources have had similar information.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

devdeuce

Reaction score
And I can't find any news about it anywhere. So much for by the end of March.

there is no spoon

acejavelin

Reaction score
Check XDA G2 Verizon Development thread... They got a leak of KitKat (build 24A) that can be installed on stock 12B,a step by step guide.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Rhino94

Reaction score
I have a G2 on verizon and well im not holding my breath i have had verizon for long enough to know how long they take with their updates

shanetrain

Reaction score
Check XDA, I am on the VS980 KK leak as I type this.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

polumish

Reaction score
And CM11 based on this Leak.. And TWRP, what work with KK

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk 4

NWRULES

Reaction score
I have a G2 on verizon and well im not holding my breath i have had verizon for long enough to know how long they take with their updates

Yeah man. I am basically just counting on getting the G3 when it comes out to get Kit Kat. By that time, the G2 will get Kit Kat and just be outdated. Typical Verizon. And the best part, when G3 comes out with Kit Kat.... There will be a new update within a month that the G3 won't get. Lol! It's a Neverending cycle. Ha. Oh well. Typical Verizon. It's just like gas prices. Government in bed with oil companies..... You know the drill......

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Yeah man. I am basically just counting on getting the G3 when it comes out to get Kit Kat. By that time, the G2 will get Kit Kat and just be outdated. Typical Verizon. And the best part, when G3 comes out with Kit Kat.... There will be a new update within a month that the G3 won't get. Lol! It's a Neverending cycle. Ha. Oh well. Typical Verizon. It's just like gas prices. Government in bed with oil companies..... You know the drill......
Picked up the HTC One (M8) this past week. Have to say, I can't see any difference between 4.2 and 4.4. In fact, I have to say that I still enjoy the G2 over the M8. If I had it to do over again, I'd probably pick up another G2 on 4.2 and be very happy. There's just no difference in the two OSs IMO.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I can tell you that my wife's g2 and my Maxx running kk are very similar. The major difference being the tweaks LG have their ui. Other than that. No real "improvements" on my phone vs hers..

devdeuce

Reaction score
Anyone else find it ridiculous that there is absolutely no news about this

there is no spoon

TheCleaner

Reaction score
My LG G2 now has it...

I wasn't getting it OTA, but I connected my phone to my computer. It installed the Software Upgrade Assistant, and indeed found 4.4.2.

Screenshots from the computer and the phone:

2j64rgi.jpg

dxcw3r.jpg

144pph.jpg

2cpdkyp.png

2502vj6.png

devdeuce

Reaction score
My LG G2 now has it...

I wasn't getting it OTA, but I connected my phone to my computer. It installed the Software Upgrade Assistant, and indeed found 4.4.2.

Screenshots from the computer and the phone:

Noticed any problems, esp with battery life?

there is no spoon