Kit Kat changes

MotoXGirl

Reaction score
Bummer. I like the look without the bars better. Hopefully they roll out this change to Go Launcher EX and other launchers besides stock as well...

Do you have a Moto X? If so, why don't you use stock? Like, what in the launcher is better for you?

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
The new stock looks so pretty. I can't wait to get mine so I don't have to deal with launchers anymore.

Snoking

Reaction score
y2etysuv.jpg

Here's what mine looks like.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

You know you can drag apps icons onto others to create folders. I set wife's up with a direct dial folder on the main home screen that has about nine direct dials in it. have another with a bunch of contacts in it. Keeps main home screen "cleaner"! Chris

Snoking

Reaction score
Here is a screen shot from my Resound. See the Nav folder. Closed and open.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131125_074254.png
    ForumRunner_20131125_074254.png
    103.5 KB · Views: 262
  • ForumRunner_20131125_074319.png
    ForumRunner_20131125_074319.png
    94 KB · Views: 249

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Do you have a Moto X? If so, why don't you use stock? Like, what in the launcher is better for you?

Yes I have the Moto X.

I use Go Launcher EX because of offers tons of customization options that I can't get in the stock launcher.

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
Why's that?

Because we've got people quoting posts made months earlier just to have its entire context and subject completely misinterpreted. We've got suggestions of drag and drop icons on a home screen to make folders, a feature that's been apart of Android for years and is assumed to be part of the software since ics. We've got screenshots of complete other devices that don't have to do with kitkat or Moto X (see thread title)and subsequent comparison of 'here's my home screen', we've got the confusion of a launcher for an entire rom based on simple visual transparency of nav and notification bars. (the launcher in question is one install that takes like two steps which is easily found online) Not to mention if one is running kitkat on Moto X one would know the stock launcher displays transparency but switched it to a third party launcher thereby losing that functionality... Enough facepalms?

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Well I guess I will go crawl in a hole. Chris

Wow. No kidding.

By the way. I have never used the stock launcher on this phone, even when it was updated to kitkat (Moto X, relevant to the topic).

Also, my third party launcher does not have the transparency feature, and I was wondering if the feature only applied to stock launcher and not any other launchers (kitkat features, relevant to topic).

Your call out of facepalms make me facepalm. Lol

MotoXGirl

Reaction score
Wow. No kidding.

By the way. I have never used the stock launcher on this phone, even when it was updated to kitkat (Moto X, relevant to the topic).

Also, my third party launcher does not have the transparency feature, and I was wondering if the feature only applied to stock launcher and not any other launchers (kitkat features, relevant to topic).

Your call out of facepalms make me facepalm. Lol

Brings you both warm cocoa in your hidey holes. //hugs There there, its OK... :)

Snoking

Reaction score
Anyone using a keyboard besides the Google one. I have used Smart Keyboard Pro for years, and like it better than the Google one. I have read that Kitkat keeps defaufting back to the Google KB.