Kit Kat changes

TatDroid

Reaction score
I notice that the 4G icon and signal bars are always white now, and the upload/download arrows under the 4G are gone. I wonder why that change? It used to be that the signal bars turned blue when connected.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
One of the Kit Kat changes was the unblueing of the interface. White is the new blue. So perhaps that's why.

nri1998

Reaction score
I also noticed that when you choose hangouts as the default SMS program under settings, the direct message widget icon that I used to in sending texts with a single click is now disabled. Only if I choose the old messaging system as the default program will the single click widget icon for direct messages will work. Don't know why Google did not integrate hangouts with direct message widget.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I had like 2x standby battery life the first day I got 4.4 Android. Day after it was terrible. Now it's about the same. lol. 4.4 feels faster - my coworker with a Moto X agrees. I like the white text at the top. But yeah, I notice the 4G isn't lit so it makes me wonder if signal went out or not, lol.

Snoking

Reaction score
Anyone set their M.X up to read text messages to you while driving or announce the name of a caller. Chris

MotoXGirl

Reaction score
I love the look of the new interface. Im glad that ugly bar at the top is gone now too.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
I love the look of the new interface. Im glad that ugly bar at the top is gone now too.

What ugly bar? Status bar? Mine is still showing. Is there a setting to get rid of this?

I saw this in the list of features, but mine doesn't look any different.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Anyone set their M.X up to read text messages to you while driving or announce the name of a caller. Chris

I did. I really like it. Helps me safely keep my eyes on the road and receive texts at the same time.

MotoXGirl

Reaction score
What ugly bar? Status bar? Mine is still showing. Is there a setting to get rid of this?

I saw this in the list of features, but mine doesn't look any different.

y2etysuv.jpg

Here's what mine looks like.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Bummer. I like the look without the bars better. Hopefully they roll out this change to Go Launcher EX and other launchers besides stock as well...

MotoXGirl

Reaction score
Bummer. I like the look without the bars better. Hopefully they roll out this change to Go Launcher EX and other launchers besides stock as well...

I really can't find anything I don't love about this phone.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk