Kindle on the Xoom

Skydog

Reaction score
Yep - lots of crashes here with Nook on the xoom. I would press on with Nook if there was some way to get sideloaded epub's to SYNC last page.

Really? So far I have only had a couple of FCs when trying to go <back> to the home page but aside from that it has been working with the 40+ epubs I've loaded.

manman

Reaction score
I have a pretty limited understanding of how kindle storage/sync etc work so sorry if this is a dumb question...

I have an iPhone with kindle currently, and am considering getting a xoom. Will I be able to sync between the two, and if so how 'hands off' is the process?

I'm guessing amazon has the info on what books I own, so it would be easy to get those onto the xoom initially-but will it also keep all my bookmarks, highlights, last page read etc? And if I read one of my books on the iphone and then use the xoom later, will it sync to the last page i read on the phone?

kennyc

Reaction score
I have a pretty limited understanding of how kindle storage/sync etc work so sorry if this is a dumb question...

I have an iPhone with kindle currently, and am considering getting a xoom. Will I be able to sync between the two, and if so how 'hands off' is the process?

I'm guessing amazon has the info on what books I own, so it would be easy to get those onto the xoom initially-but will it also keep all my bookmarks, highlights, last page read etc? And if I read one of my books on the iphone and then use the xoom later, will it sync to the last page i read on the phone?

It doesn't happen automagically. You have to "sync" the book(s) you are reading. I don't think it syncs bookmarks either but I might be wrong.

I often lately am reading the same book on either my Kindle, Xoom or DroidX and it's pretty easy to "find your place" particularly is you stop at a chapter beginning between reads. :)

manman

Reaction score
It doesn't happen automagically. You have to "sync" the book(s) you are reading. I don't think it syncs bookmarks either but I might be wrong.

I often lately am reading the same book on either my Kindle, Xoom or DroidX and it's pretty easy to "find your place" particularly is you stop at a chapter beginning between reads. :)

Thanks for the info. I often read on the bus, so I stop wherever I am when i get off at times... So I'd expect that between the iPad and iPhone syncing would be easy and done through, iTunes- but how would I sync between an iPhone and Xoom?

kennyc

Reaction score

Thanks for the info. I often read on the bus, so I stop wherever I am when i get off at times... So I'd expect that between the iPad and iPhone syncing would be easy and done through, iTunes- but how would I sync between an iPhone and Xoom?

As I said I don't usually do this but I think you just press sync button in the app. That's what I /just did to test it.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Yeah the sync is done through Amazon's servers not through iTunes so it doesn't matter what you use it will stay synced.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk