kindle app update problems

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
The latest update made it so I can't read books had to revert to no updates on kindle app to work anybody else notice this. Is there a way to auto block updates to one app? As it keeps reupdating as I have my phone on auto update?

Einsteindks

Reaction score
Seems like a software issue. Send them an email from the app's market spot.

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I tried 4 times its the Dec 17th update 4.30 that my. Droid has issues with. I'm gonna open a case with amazon. I took the check mark off auto update for that app under the three dots which I thought at 1st would turn auto update off for all apps but it seems its for each app individually

doogald

Reaction score
I tried 4 times its the Dec 17th update 4.30 that my. Droid has issues with. I'm gonna open a case with amazon. I took the check mark off auto update for that app under the three dots which I thought at 1st would turn auto update off for all apps but it seems its for each app individually

Go into the Play Store, and make sure that you are not looking at an individual app. Going into the Store home is probably a good place for this. Hit the menu control, then settings, and there are global settings for the Play Store - the "Auto-update apps" is the second option in that list in the current version of the Play Store.

I did have one issue with the Kindle app a few months ago. I had to go into the app, go into settings, "Deregister this device", then re-login to my account and it fixed my problem. Unfortunately, I don't remember exactly what the issue was.