Kindle App Gets Update; New 'Collections' Feature Helps You Stay Organized

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Dec 18, 2013.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,254
    [​IMG]

For folks who have a huge Kindle collection, but prefer a fully fleshed out Android device, the Kindle App is very handy. Amazon has taken things a step further with a new update which makes it even handier than before. The new update includes several fixes and enhancements, but the best thing they did was add a cool new feature called "Collections." This new feature allows users to better organize their Kindle book collections. You can can organize your books into groups and even name your Collection. Additionally, you can add any book you want to the Collection and add any book to as many Collections as you desire. This new Collections feature is even synced across all of the devices you login through.

The update also happens to include a few other handy little features. You can now rate a book after you finish it and there are some accessibility improvements for Talkback and Explore by Touch. If you haven't seen the Kindle App before, here's a description taken from the Google Play Store:

Here's a link to the Google Play Store to grab this new version of the Kindle App: Google Play Store - Kindle App

2. PereDroid

PereDroid DF News Team Reporter

Ratings:
    +3,831
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Turbo 2
    2 heavy Kindle readers at work BOTH updated and LOST their entire library. I'd hold off on this update.
    I rolled back the update for them and the books came back.
    (Both users have RAZR M)
    Phone auto updated the next day (today) and books gone. Rollback. Back.
    Turned off auto update for that app for now.

You've been warned. ;)

3. devdeuce

devdeuce Member

Ratings:
    +23
    All my books are there. I did have a problem about a month ago where new purchases didn't show on my cloud, but i cleared the data and haven't had a problem since. I'm pretty sure i did the update recently and everything looks fine. Maybe clearing the data on your friends' phones would do the trick, but i really don't know because i did that before it ever updated.

4. devdeuce

devdeuce Member

Ratings:
    +23
    P.S. probably not, but maybe you need to register device again after update

Search tags for this page

add to collection feature on kindle app

how to update collections on the kindle android app

kindle android app dgstorm

roll back kindle app

rollback kindle for android update