[KERNEL] Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

phonetool

Reaction score
Yeah. I was starting to get some nasty lag, but it turned out to be because I had Swapper2 set up wrong.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I'm interested to know the wrong and right of swapper2.
Could you explain what you did?

- onDroid

cms5423

Reaction score
Phone call lag

Not sure if it is due to this kernel or Cm7, but does anyone else experience extreme lag when hanging up on a phone call and immediately trying to make another call? When I hit the call button to start dialing, it freezes for like 20 seconds or so before starting to call.

phonetool

Reaction score
overclock does = ulv

zram is needed for compcache, have been busy with Christmas preparation and haven't had the chance

Hmm, strange.
Kernel: #7 Dec 8
Scriptmanager and terminal emulator say:
'overclock' not found

Also, if there's no compcache in there, what's the compcache value doing? Nothing?
Seems to run ok without it or swapper2. Surprising.

Happy holidays, Prime!
Enjoy the family time.

I made a rhyme!
How sublime
- onDroid

dpaine88

Reaction score
Does anyone have really high Android OS usage? Mine has been at about 60-80% after the phone has been on for 16 hrs.
It says "Cpu total: 1 hr , 37 minutes", then "data sent: 4kb, data recieved 300kb"

This is on standard voltage

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Hmm, strange.
Kernel: #7 Dec 8
Scriptmanager and terminal emulator say:
'overclock' not found

Also, if there's no compcache in there, what's the compcache value doing? Nothing?
Seems to run ok without it or swapper2. Surprising.

Happy holidays, Prime!
Enjoy the family time.

I made a rhyme!
How sublime
- onDroid

the overclock command is now ulv

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Does anyone have really high Android OS usage? Mine has been at about 60-80% after the phone has been on for 16 hrs.
It says "Cpu total: 1 hr , 37 minutes", then "data sent: 4kb, data recieved 300kb"

affecting battery life?

lfylove

Reaction score
When I run primed in terminal videos don't work very often I get constant srry this video cannot be played. I turned it off and haven't had the problem yet

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score

Mine averages around 3-6% with this kernel

supercharged modified liquid 3.1 w/turbocharged 3g
Pete's 5 slot lv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
19.9 linpack score
1856 quadrant score

flamepanther

Reaction score
I'm interested to know the wrong and right of swapper2.
Could you explain what you did?

- onDroid

I'm not sure to what extent there's a wrong and right of it, since it would be different depending on your usage. Best to experiment and see what works.

In this case, I had the "swappiness" set too low, so stuff didn't get moved to my swap partition enough to avoid lag from excessive trash collection. If I set it too high though, I'll get lag from constant swapping. You've just got to find the right balance.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
When I run primed in terminal videos don't work very often I get constant srry this video cannot be played. I turned it off and haven't had the problem yet

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Voltage is too low for your device, stick with stock or try editing the /etc/init.d/20overclock generated by the primed command, bumping up each vsel a bit.

dpaine88

Reaction score
a mixture of both
Ok cool, so let me just get this straight. The commands are temporary and will be gone until we reboot.

So if want the "1000" command to be permanant, we run the command, write down the vsels/speeds and then run the "prime" command and open /etc/init.d/overclock and edit them to match the values?