Kernals...

pchakmak

Reaction score
Ive been flashing roms and some themes and really loving it. Now I'd like to start with the kernals. I understand what a kernal is but Im not sure exactly what to do when I install the kernal. Any good articles out there any kernals?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ive been flashing roms and some themes and really loving it. Now I'd like to start with the kernals. I understand what a kernal is but Im not sure exactly what to do when I install the kernal. Any good articles out there any kernals?

Here's some of the more popular ones:

[Kernel]GN-LTE[3.0.19]ICS4.0.2/3/UV,GPU+CPU OC,CIFS,SLQB,OTG,FIOPS(v012)[Feb-05] - RootzWiki

[kernel] Leankernel: Minimalistic Kernel (1.9.0, 2/4/12) - RootzWiki

[KERNEL][06 FEB] GLaDOS V1.10 - RootzWiki

[DER KERNEL] [GPL] Trinity NP 4.0.3 [CDMA] [GSM] - xda-developers

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1422956

Good luck

Last edited:
OP
P

pchakmak

Reaction score

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks. Good reading so far. How much do I need to mess with the settings?? With some of these kernals it is recommended not to mess with them at all. Im a little nervous on screwing with them.

One note of caution: If you decide to change settings of a kernel do not check the box marked "Set of Boot/Startup". As long as that box is not checked you can totally recover from a settings mistake by simply rebooting the phone.

I spent a lot of time changing everything that I could change. My main target of interest was undervolting. Personally never saw any results that were worth the amount of tinkering required. For the past month or so, all I do is over clock to max setting (usually 1350) and then leave all the other settings as the dev put them. But there is no real harm in changing all that stuff, I just got bored with it. :biggrin:

Good luck