kernals for ud 2.5 on dinc

xstakx

Reaction score
I have been trying to get slayher, chevyno1, or p3droid on my dinc to no avail. All iget is the white screen after reboot. Im using cw recovery. Im using ud 2.5. Do these kernals work for my setup? If so, which versions for each are stable? Also, are there any other brand kernals out there im missing that work really good? Im looking for low voltage and high performance. Overall better battery though. Thanks in advance for all and any help. Also, im sure im doing the right procedurs for replacing kernals, but, can anyone clarify for me the procedures for replacing kernals? Since im using cw recovery i dont need to rename to update.zip right? Ty again.

smtom

Reaction score
The reason it's not booting is because the kernels you mention are not for the Incredible - many of those are for Moto phones - kernels are NOT interchangeable between device manufacturers, as you have learned.

Try these:
[KERNEL][AOSP] 2.6.32.26-invisiblek #28 - xda-developers
I can recommend #16 & 18 from this thread.

[KERNEL][AOSP][TESTING] Superior Battery Charging- 12/25/10 update! - xda-developers

To install a kernel:

d/l kernel to SD card
Backup current working setup (optional, but highly recommended)
Boot into recovery
While in recovery, wipe Dalvik Cache (Advanced>Wipe Dalvik Cache)
Wipe battery stats
Apply kernel zip file
Reboot

sherpajosh

Reaction score
I have found that 21 and 28 have given me the best battery life and performance. 28 has become the new stable version. But try each of them out, each phone is a little different.

Also I don't think you have to wipe battery stats, but wiping the dalvik cache is a good idea.

The reason it's not booting is because the kernels you mention are not for the Incredible - many of those are for Moto phones - kernels are NOT interchangeable between device manufacturers, as you have learned.

Try these:
[KERNEL][AOSP] 2.6.32.26-invisiblek #28 - xda-developers
I can recommend #16 & 18 from this thread.

[KERNEL][AOSP][TESTING] Superior Battery Charging- 12/25/10 update! - xda-developers

To install a kernel:

d/l kernel to SD card
Backup current working setup (optional, but highly recommended)
Boot into recovery
While in recovery, wipe Dalvik Cache (Advanced>Wipe Dalvik Cache)
Wipe battery stats
Apply kernel zip file
Reboot

smtom

Reaction score
Agree - wiping battery stats is not required, although the kernel determines representation of battery level between 0-100 - As such, not wiping battery stats leaves you w/ battery level representation from a kernel other than what you are running, unless stats are wiped during kernel install.

Similarly, wiping Dalvik is not required, but it is a good idea -

Not wiping either one does not impact performance or installation, but wiping both is a good idea regardless.