Different Kernals

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Anyone using a different kernal with this rom? I really am liking the rom, but would like to try out some other kernals.

I can't seem to find any kernals for 4.02, so please link me if you could.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
I checked rootz wiki. Seems everything on there is for 4.0.3.

I'll check xda out again.

OP
Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Just checked xda. Only kernals listed there are matrix (not compatible for 4.0.2) and Franco kernal. Didn't say if it will run on 4.0.2 or not.

Does anyone know?

Otherwise, looks like I'll have to go to a different rom running 4.0.3

djras1

Reaction score
Rootzwiki has a kernel for 4.0.2... see:
[Kernel]LTE[3.0.14]ICS4.0.2/3/UV,GPU+CPU OC,CIFS,SLQB,OTG(v0.0.6)[Dec-31] - RootzWiki am using beta 8 and seem very good!

OP
Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Thanks, but I wound up switching to Axiom. Going to see how this rom runs, but will be keeping an eye on AR to see what's next.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I recently just flashed back to this rom to see what 4.0.2 was like again since I didnt have it on my phone very long.

I am flashing HeyItsLou toro v2 from his blog. its supposed to work with 4.0.2 and Im going to give it a run to see how well it does and check battery life on it.

For 4.0.3 roms...Im gonna wait till there is much more features...and fewer quirks...even though quirks are very minor to me. Ill give axiom another go when its updated.

EDIT: Installed the HeyItsLou_v2_toro kernel on HD and its AWESOME so far. Zippy as ever. Also, Im glad I flashed back to this ROM...4.0.3 source compiled roms are missing some things that I like. At least for now some are. Like..my verizon...nfl mobile, etc. Verizon proprietaries.

Also I missed the zero shutterlag snaps on 4.0.2....the new base has that annoying autofocus first on most pictures and basically...no more zero shutter lag.

Gonna monitor battery life, but I am liking this rom w/ this kernel right now...Gonna stick with it for a while. Im getting kinda tired of changing my phone around lol.