Keeping an App open

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by chrisd56, Sep 4, 2010.

1. chrisd56

chrisd56 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello.....Is there a way to keep an App open and leave it open then switch screens. Like keeping my calender or text conversation open on my secong screen and go to it without hitting the icon to open it.

Thanks for any help

2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Not that I can think of. You can do things like that within certain apps. Like say your in Gtalk and you are chatting with different people. You can just swype to move from conversation to conversation. But you always have to go to the home screen to get to the next app.

It's possible there may be an app out there that will allow you to do that, but I sure don't know what it is.

3. rjax

rjax Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, there are a couple other options that don't require you go back to the home screen. Easiest option (as long as you've used the app you want to switch to recently) is to long-press the phone's Home key, and you'll get a list of recently used apps you can switch to. In a similar vein, Task Tray and Power Strip are each options that will show you a greater number of recent apps, so they might be more useful.

Another way to start an app without going to the home screen is via the notification bar. Apps like FolderOrganizer, BarTender, and Bar Control will let you put various shortcuts there.

If there's one or two apps you always want to have available, you can try assigning to them to buttons with the Button Shortcut app.

Search tags for this page
android how to keep calendar open on phone
android keeping apps open
how do i keep my calander open on android
how to keep a calendar app open
how to keep an app open in android
how to keep calander open on android phone

how to keep calendar open on droid

keep my calendar open on experia phone
keep two apps open android

keeping the calendar open on a droid