Keep it or take it back?

Schimm

Reaction score
Yes....sometimes the mail is late though. Also I didn't realize before my xoom was turned on accessing my main account which locks out other devices which access the account during roughly the same time.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

esheesle

Reaction score
Went all night with no notifications. Opened gmail this morning and manually refreshed. Got 3. High performance, wifi with no sleep, never sleep for phone.

Ideas?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

esheesle

Reaction score
I also noticed that if i update my calendar online and check my phone 10 minutes later it hasn't updated either. I reset to factory defaults and tried again, same result. Anyone have ideas?

corki2

Reaction score
I also noticed that if i update my calendar online and check my phone 10 minutes later it hasn't updated either. I reset to factory defaults and tried again, same result. Anyone have ideas?

Check your data connection. Settings, Wireless & Networks, Mobile Networks and make sure the Enable Always On Mobile Data is ticked. This setting gets unticked when you change other settings.

esheesle

Reaction score
Yup, auto-sync. But like i said nothing is syncing, not even calendar. Just checked the best wifi performance option under wifi settings and no change there seemingly. Once the screen goes off nothing syncs, ever.

- Auto-sync on
- Background sync on
- High performance
- No wifi sleep (and best wifi performance on/off)
- no mobile network sleep
- no sleep mode

I factory reset twice trying to fix it and nothing. texts come through fine though. Gmail app just won't receive, nothing related to google in fact unless i force it.

If I only use 3g/4g it works fine though immediately. Only on wifi. what the hell?

corki2

Reaction score
Yup, auto-sync. But like i said nothing is syncing, not even calendar. Just checked the best wifi performance option under wifi settings and no change there seemingly. Once the screen goes off nothing syncs, ever.

- Auto-sync on
- Background sync on
- High performance
- No wifi sleep (and best wifi performance on/off)
- no mobile network sleep
- no sleep mode

I factory reset twice trying to fix it and nothing. texts come through fine though. Gmail app just won't receive, nothing related to google in fact unless i force it.

If I only use 3g/4g it works fine though immediately. Only on wifi. what the hell?

How did you add this account? Did you add it as a gmail account or as a Google account?

esheesle

Reaction score
I added the account as a google account during the initial setup. That is how the calendar syncing and such should normally work to but doesn't, correct? haven't added any specific gmail accounts.

corki2

Reaction score
I added the account as a google account during the initial setup. That is how the calendar syncing and such should normally work to but doesn't, correct? haven't added any specific gmail accounts.

Should be working but try adding your account via gmail and untick gmail sync under the google account and see if your gmail pushes then. That's how I set mine up so I can use the email widget.

esheesle

Reaction score
scratch that, doesn't work on 3g now either. wow, no clue what's up here. my old og droid notified within seconds and this thing never will.

esheesle

Reaction score
Disabled the gmail sync and added a gmail account. Said it was syncing but obviously wasn't as nothing happened after, even manually syncing.

I just don't get it, what is going on with this thing. Why can an old phone work but the rezound can't pull off simply gmail syncing.

esheesle

Reaction score
So what am I doing different than everyone else. 3g/wifi, doesn't matter. If the screen is off more than 20 seconds or so, i get no notifications or syncing. no calendar sync, no contact sync, no gmail, no google voice updates. the phone only receives calls and normal texts. what's the point if that is all it does?

corki2

Reaction score
Disabled the gmail sync and added a gmail account. Said it was syncing but obviously wasn't as nothing happened after, even manually syncing.

I just don't get it, what is going on with this thing. Why can an old phone work but the rezound can't pull off simply gmail syncing.

I'm stumped. When I had trouble getting it to sync, my main problem was that I would have everything set to sync and then it wouldn't. So I go back and look at the power, wireless and data and account sync settings and one of them would be unchecked when I know I had it checked. I found out changing something here can change something there.

esheesle

Reaction score
Also, if i go into the accounts & sync area it shows the last sync being the last time i really forced anything to sync. its as if it never does itself. help!