K-9 Email and the Outbox

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Simple question...

I just set up K-9 to handle my att.net pop3 account. No problems with basic functionality. However, I'm a little annoyed at one thing and I can't seem to find the solution: If I, say, take a picture, click share, then choose K-9 to send it from my at&t email, it won't just automatically send. It will sit in the outbox in k9. Then I have to close the camera, open K-9, and tell it to send.

Where is the equivalent to Outlook's "send immediately when connected" option?

Am I missing it? Can't see the option anywhere. Is my only option to let it sync all my mail, incoming too? Don't really want to do that.

OP
P

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Well I guess I can sort of answer my own question now...

I set the Outbox as a "first class folder", and the rest of them as "none". Then I set auto polling to "first class folders only". However, I still have to set polling intervals and allow K9 to run all the time (ignore in ATK). I'd rather not have this... I'd rather have it simply send my message right away and not be polling ever X minutes just to make this simple task automatic.

grady0706

Reaction score
K9 Mail App

I have tried to set up K9 for my MS Exchange Server for my Motorola Droid and can't get it to work. I tried to add my GMail account and no problem does anyone know what I need to do?

Spartan

Reaction score
Be careful with k-9 mail, you'll get spam mail allllll the time. Such a shame! :icon_ nono:

I have been using K9 for over 6 months and update it frequently. I never have received spam from the developers. Its a great mail host. K9 is not a spam filter, so if your email accounts that K9 is checking are getting junk mail, K9 will pull that as well.

nighthawk700

Reaction score
Be careful with k-9 mail, you'll get spam mail allllll the time. Such a shame! :icon_ nono:

I put K-9 on my Droid the day after I got it, and haven't received any spam from it. Works great with my IMAP mail (with server side filtering and various push folders which is why I got it)

Reaction score

I have been using K9 for over 6 months and update it frequently. I never have received spam from the developers. Its a great mail host. K9 is not a spam filter, so if your email accounts that K9 is checking are getting junk mail, K9 will pull that as well.

You guys dont get spams? I get tons of spams by using k9 mail.

nighthawk700

Reaction score
I don't get any. K-9 is a mail client (like Outlook or Thunderbird on a PC). It just reads from your mail server. Perhaps your mail server is under attack from another source.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

You guys dont get spams? I get tons of spams by using k9 mail.

As others have noted K-9 is simply an email client, not an email address on a server. Its use could not generate spam unless the email address to which it points is somehow "harvested" from your phone. And if that were the case, your email on the server would be getting such spam. (BTW, it's VERY unlikely that your phone would be the source of such information. Much more likely that your server or some other site where email addresses are stored would be a target.)

You can easily confirm this by pointing both K-9 and the stock "email" app at the same source. They should receive exactly the same email.

If you're receiving spam email on your Droid but not on the email account to which it is pointed, my guess is that you have some sort of automated filtering on your server email account that is trashing the spam after it is received by your email client there.

If that's the case, you may be able to reconfigure your email server settings to prevent K-9 from reading those emails. Or you may be able to accomplish the same objective by messing with the "folder" settings in the K-9 "account settings" to avoid seeing the spam.

Reaction score
I have just the opposite problem, I'm not getting spam in K9, but getting it in the native Gmail client. I actually installed K9 because it had a "Select All" option, so I wouldn't have to finger each one for deletion, as I have to in the Gmail app. Unfortunately, I get several hundred spams a day, and needed a quicker way of deleting them. It's probably a setting that I have not configured properly, anyone have any suggestions?