K-9 and Gmail

dkshaer

Reaction score
Ok, so all of my gmail messages are gone from my droid. My verizon email messages are all there. K-9 says I have 61 messages, but I can't get them to display. This happened once before with K-9. Anyone know what causes this?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Yea seems K9 isnt the best when it comes to knowing how many emails you have, tells me I have 12 when I have 3, 1/2 of them read already etc etc..

OP
D

dkshaer

Reaction score
There is an envelope icon in the mail account folders that says I have 44 emails but there are none displaying. It may be time to uninstall and use the stock email programs.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
K-9's interaction with the gmail server is somewhat problematic, especially in terms of counting the number of unread emails. In general, the number shown in K-9 is (I believe) based on the number of unread emails on the gmail server, not the number of unread emails that are displayed on the phone. Depending on the synchronization choices for K-9 and the folders that are displayed/synched/etc., the numbers will be incorrect.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
K-9's interaction with the gmail server is somewhat problematic, especially in terms of counting the number of unread emails. In general, the number shown in K-9 is (I believe) based on the number of unread emails on the gmail server, not the number of unread emails that are displayed on the phone. Depending on the synchronization choices for K-9 and the folders that are displayed/synched/etc., the numbers will be incorrect.

I dont use it for gmail, but with AOL it does the same thing..

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

I dont use it for gmail, but with AOL it does the same thing..

I suspect for the same reasons.