Just talked to VZW tele-sales...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zregnier

Reaction score
Well I decided to call *611 and ask about the Bionic again just to see if I would get a different answer. I asked about putting in an order for it now then come Thurs. morning it would be processed and ship right away. Guy told me I needed to talk to tele-sales midewest and gave me the number 1-877-807-4372. Talked to a nice guy there and he confirmed it for 9/8/11 but couldn't put an order in yet because it isn't in their system yet. He took all my info. and said as soon as it shows up in his system he'll call me and confirm the order and it would be overnighted to me. He said you never know when it will show up in the system; could be tomorrow, could be Thurs (likely.) Anyway, I should have the phone Sat. at the very latest if I decide to order it from them. He said I was actually one of the first ones that called asking about the Bionic so there should be no worries with it selling out. I was gonna wait till 9/16 for my NE2 but screw the $50, I really want this phone. As I was talking to the rep. my bluetooth kept randomly turning on and off. Love my D1 but she's gotta go!

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I tried too. Chatted with them through the VZW web site. Here my conversation:

Corey:I'm curious when I can order the Bionic
Jen
F:Good afternoon! How can I help you with your new line or upgrade today?
Jen
F:Great question! There is an email list that you can join to get updates.
Jen
F:Unfortunately we are not provided with specific launch dates or pricing information for phones that have not yet been released.
Corey:
I understand. Its just that the word on the street is that it will launch Sept.8th.I was trying to beat the rush.
Corey:
This upgrade is burning a hole in my pocket lol
Jen
F:Haha,I know the feeling! We don't have anything officially released so I wouldn't be able to confirm or deny the date for release,I'm really sorry.
Jen
F:But if you add your email to the list,you'll be among the first to hear when it does launch!
Corey:
Thank you,Jen. I'm sure you get bombed with these questions a lot lately. Thank you for your help. Havea great day!
Jen
F:You're very welcome.
Jen
F:Did you have any further order-related questions for me today?
Corey:
No.Thats all

At the same time, I was on gtalk with someone trying. At 1st they told him he could order the "droid bimbic" lol, and it was in stock. Then they came back with "try again on the 8th".

Guess we'll get it when we get it.

Reaction score
Yeah, I m starting to be convinced that only us tech geeks are the only ones that know this thing is dropping this week. The general masses have no clue what the Droid Bionic is. Thats a good thing for those of us who want to walk in Thursday and pick one up hassle free.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just saw the commercial last night with the 9/8 release date on it, so it wont get anymore official than that.

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.

Suuperflie

Reaction score
Yeah, I m starting to be convinced that only us tech geeks are the only ones that know this thing is dropping this week. The general masses have no clue what the Droid Bionic is. Thats a good thing for those of us who want to walk in Thursday and pick one up hassle free.

With the commercial on TV showing 09/08/11 I don't think we're the only ones that know about it.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Its in their systems, and in stock, they just dont have the option to process the orders on their computers yet.

Tegamal

Reaction score
My buddy & I stopped into Verizon today because his D1 is acting up, so I thought I'd ask the guy about the Bionic. He told me they should definitely have it Thursday morning, supposed to arrive at the stores tomorrow. After joking (half joking, half serious) around with him about slipping me one early, he gave me prices on the accessories they have, & the prices are about what I thought they'd be or had heard rumored online (Web Dock $299, Media Dock $30, Ext Battery $50, etc).

I told him I'd be back Thursday morning, haha

JRizEJ6

Reaction score
im curious, why are people trying to place an order online when they can just simply walk into the store on thursday and pick one up? since people are so eager to get their hands on the phone you would think that they wouldnt want to wait the extra day or so for it to arrive on at their door. or maybe im wrong?

OP
Zregnier

Zregnier

Reaction score
im curious, why are people trying to place an order online when they can just simply walk into the store on thursday and pick one up? since people are so eager to get their hands on the phone you would think that they wouldnt want to wait the extra day or so for it to arrive on at their door. or maybe im wrong?

Never seriously thought about getting it online/by phone unless I could do some sort of preorder. Only reason I would get it overnighted is because I work all day and it might be hard to leave at 10am for an hour to hit up the VZW store. I'll likely just go there right after work because I hate to get it in the morning and then be driving around all day with it on the charger in my work truck.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Never seriously thought about getting it online/by phone unless I could do some sort of preorder. Only reason I would get it overnighted is because I work all day and it might be hard to leave at 10am for an hour to hit up the VZW store. I'll likely just go there right after work because I hate to get it in the morning and then be driving around all day with it on the charger in my work truck.

But if you order it online/phone someone needs to be there to sign for it...

OP
Zregnier

Zregnier

Reaction score
But if you order it online/phone someone needs to be there to sign for it...

Got that covered! My mom watches our baby boy at my house on Fridays. Won't matter though as I'll get it after work Thurs. Looks like my evening is full setting this beast up.

Tegamal

Reaction score
I work at noon on Thursday, although I'll most likely be playing on my phone all night, not doing any real work, haha

Status
Not open for further replies.