Just rooted and now have no 3G or 4G

CSNeoM4A1

Reaction score
I just unlocked and rooted using the tacked method in this forum. Everything went well and it rebooted on its own. It reloaded all my apps and contacts etc. I installed wireless tether and now I cannot get a 3G or 4G signal at all.

OP
C

CSNeoM4A1

Reaction score
Wow, just my luck. Hopefully its the outage and not my phone.

Tas

Reaction score
No issues here in NYC.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Haha, my brother just rooted today as well and he is having the same problems.

I'm only 15miles away and I have data. I rooted my phone last week though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, don't worry - it's not your phone.

I've been holding off flashing the 4.0.3 radio - that is, until today. Flashed it, them bam, no signal. I almost wrote it off until I heard about the outage.

bryantjopplin

Reaction score
yeah outage in louisiana as well. was surfing the forums and bam no service. Mines back now as you can see

iGrizz

Reaction score
Lol I got a replacement Thunderbolt in the mail today. Went to activate it and such but it wouldn't connect to data. My old Thunderbolt always dropped data so to be honest I almost packed both Thunderbolts in the box to send back with a strong worded letter.

However the nice Verizon rep on the phone talked me down and told me there's a 4G/3G outage so I'm just waiting here hopping this one is a gem and works for me. Right now I'm waiting for my 3G to come back so I can submit this post and there it is!

Hugg727

Reaction score
Yeah, don't worry - it's not your phone.

I've been holding off flashing the 4.0.3 radio - that is, until today. Flashed it, them bam, no signal. I almost wrote it off until I heard about the outage.

Why isnt this an OTA update? Where do we have to go to get this?

BTW...I am a first time Android owner coming off several BB devices and I used your unlocking/root method in the sticky. worked like a charm, rebooted on its own in 2 minutes. Great job, thanks!

thebird36

Reaction score
i had the exact same problem today decided to root and no service sooo i put it back to stock unlocked and now i have 3g and 4g i had the 4g outage too

bucket truck

Reaction score
i had the exact same problem today decided to root and no service sooo i put it back to stock unlocked and now i have 3g and 4g i had the 4g outage too

I have the exact same problem, no mobile network only wifi right now.

OP
C

CSNeoM4A1

Reaction score
4g/3g is back up for me (stock rooted unlocked)

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why isnt this an OTA update? Where do we have to go to get this?

BTW...I am a first time Android owner coming off several BB devices and I used your unlocking/root method in the sticky. worked like a charm, rebooted on its own in 2 minutes. Great job, thanks!

The 4.0.3 radio will eventually be part of an OTA, whenever it officially comes. 4.0.3 will be a radio update as well as a system update. You can get both now if you want to run a custom rom.

If you want just the radio, go here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ga...ownload-new-cdma-lte-radios-galaxy-nexus.html. Download the file and flash it through clockwork.