Just Installed Zagg Shield

OP
H

hajabooja

Reaction score
I guess I could try to take pictures. But basically its just like streaked glass up the screen. As I said, mostly on the left hand side of the screen. Its really really annoying when your looking at a white background. Its been on for about 48 hours now. Everything but the screen looks great! Above they were mentioning using a hair dryer for the "orange peel?". Not familiar with with this term. Is this what I am getting? I tried reinstalling it about 3 times. I really tried to wipe down the left hand side of the screen to get the streaks off but its like they are molded in or something. Really annoying...

MJ5150

Reaction score
I applaud you folks who put these on yourself. No way I have the patience to do it. I let the guy at the kiosk in the mall put all of mine on.

If I had to put it on myself, I wouldn't buy it. That is why I have never tried any of the other brands of screen shields out there. Well that, and InvisibleShield is an excellent product in my experience.

-Mike

2amReply

Reaction score
The one thing that bothers me most is dust. It seems that's what keeps the bubbles from going away. Tape with light adhesive works best.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I don't plan to use any screen protector on my Droid, but here is my experience with using screen protectors in the past. It is very difficult to avoid dust under the protector if applied in the winter months. I live in the northeast. It is warm and humid in the summer and cold and very dry in the winter. When the humidity is low, static just attracts dust. It is almost impossible to avoid. The only way I have ever had success when trying to apply a screen protector in the winter is to close the bathroom door and turn on a humidifier or a hot shower to raise the humidity. Once the humidity is high then there will be no dust attraction. Trying to do it in a room with 10% or 20% humidity makes it almost impossible to avoid dust attraction.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Still, to me, the idea of getting the phone is just scary.
Did you mean "getting the phone wet"? It has never been a problem with the various devices I've installed it on. I guess YMMV though.

Parafly9

Reaction score
what do you guys think of the Phantom Zkinz? I had a great experience with Zagg on my Ipod, but on my Blackberry Tour it was an F-in nightmare

DougNg

Reaction score
I've done plenty of these skins in the past, and I'll say that the $10 I spent at the Zagg kiosk to have the skin installed for me was the smartest money I've spent in awhile