1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Just Installed Zagg Shield

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by hajabooja, Dec 22, 2009.

1. hajabooja

hajabooja New Member

Wow... that was pretty painful. I don't have a lot of patience so it was tough for me. All was well until the little side pieces. Glad its over.. seems to be setting pretty well. Thus far (its only been done for about an hour) I am just hoping that the streaks on the screen go away. They are like rainbow streaks that go up the screen. Just hoping it just needs to dry more than they'll go away. Anyone else have these after installing it? Post any other thoughts on your installation as well. Took me bout 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours to install it.
  2. gmack35

gmack35 New Member

i put the zagg shield on my screen. give it a few days to dry, maybe even a week and they look flawless, no bubbles, etc. check on the zagg website for more tips than the instructions had.
  3. jodyberry

jodyberry New Member

Yea - took me about an hour. What a PIA the side pieces were!! After getting the front and back on, I was gonna just forget the sides. But I figured I went this far, I should just finish it correctly.

No rainbow streaks on the face, though. Maybe after 12 hours they'll go away.

One thing I don't like is how it makes the back look. Kinda plastic-looking and cheap. I actually liked the black rubbery-feel of the phone, but I guess it's a trade-off for protection.

And as mentioned by someone in a previous post, the Zagg screen protector DOES make it a little harder to drag your finger across the screen.

My 2 cents...
  4. hajabooja

hajabooja New Member

I know it comes off without leaving any residue but can you put it back on after taking it off? Just by wetting it down again?
  5. DocWalt

DocWalt New Member

I never had luck pulling it off and reinstalling it on my iPod, always had to call em up and use that lifetime warranty.
  6. hajabooja

hajabooja New Member

Just reinstalled it real quick. Seemed to go on better this time. Still have the streaks on the screen. Mostly on the left hand side. Noticeable only on a white background (obviously) but its there. Will they replace the screen protector if it stays after a week? Don't expect anyone to know... just wondering from past experiences. Thanks guys!
  7. coolkidd

coolkidd New Member

Yes, they will replace it free of charge (though you will need to cough up for shipping of the used invisible shield back to them).
  8. hajabooja

hajabooja New Member

Well thats good to know if it comes down to that.
  9. takeshi

takeshi New Member

I wouldn't worry unless they're still there after it's totally dry (24 hours or so).
  10. DougNg

DougNg New Member

If you set a hair dryer on low and then blow dry the screen from a few inches away, you'll apply enough heat to even out the orange peel and make the skin a little smoother. I would be careful and apply heat slowly to make sure that you don't melt the plastic

Been doing that for years on all my devices, works like a charm. If you watch how they apply the shield at a kiosk, they do the same thing there
  11. bamfsig45

bamfsig45 New Member

Yep I used a hair dryer on mine, although I didnt use low heat, Hi heat and short bursts of no longer than 10 seconds at about 2-3 inches and constantly smoothing the Invisible Shield with my hand and finger. I did this for about 30 minutes on and off and it looks great and got rid of most of the rainbow streaks and remaining micro bubbles.
  12. greyghost04

greyghost04 New Member

I've installed this on my previous phone. I can attest to the fact that it will look perfect in 2 weeks.
  13. Steve H

Steve H Member

Still, to me, the idea of getting the phone is just scary.
  14. Paleogirl2003

Paleogirl2003 New Member

installed zagg invisible sheilds on several devices, and love it! got the full body shield for my moto droid, but skipped the tiny side pieces because I got frustrated. the rest of it looks flawless. tip: don't complain about bubbles until you wait a few days, believe it or not, somehow they actually work themselves out over time.

if anyone is looking into buying one, you can use code PROTECT20 to get 20% off your order - enjoy!
  15. 2amReply

2amReply New Member

Do you have pictures? They don't usually replace if you mess up on the install. But the person I talked to kindly ignored the rule and replaced mine anyway.

On a funny note...my local Bestbuy has a Zagg display with two phones. One has no protection and one has a Zagg shield. The display asks you to test the protection. Both phones were scratched!

:rofl3:
  16. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

17. hajabooja

hajabooja New Member

I guess I could try to take pictures. But basically its just like streaked glass up the screen. As I said, mostly on the left hand side of the screen. Its really really annoying when your looking at a white background. Its been on for about 48 hours now. Everything but the screen looks great! Above they were mentioning using a hair dryer for the "orange peel?". Not familiar with with this term. Is this what I am getting? I tried reinstalling it about 3 times. I really tried to wipe down the left hand side of the screen to get the streaks off but its like they are molded in or something. Really annoying...
  18. MJ5150

MJ5150 New Member

I applaud you folks who put these on yourself. No way I have the patience to do it. I let the guy at the kiosk in the mall put all of mine on.

If I had to put it on myself, I wouldn't buy it. That is why I have never tried any of the other brands of screen shields out there. Well that, and InvisibleShield is an excellent product in my experience.

-Mike
  19. 2amReply

2amReply New Member

The one thing that bothers me most is dust. It seems that's what keeps the bubbles from going away. Tape with light adhesive works best.
  20. TheOldFart

TheOldFart New Member

I don't plan to use any screen protector on my Droid, but here is my experience with using screen protectors in the past. It is very difficult to avoid dust under the protector if applied in the winter months. I live in the northeast. It is warm and humid in the summer and cold and very dry in the winter. When the humidity is low, static just attracts dust. It is almost impossible to avoid. The only way I have ever had success when trying to apply a screen protector in the winter is to close the bathroom door and turn on a humidifier or a hot shower to raise the humidity. Once the humidity is high then there will be no dust attraction. Trying to do it in a room with 10% or 20% humidity makes it almost impossible to avoid dust attraction.
Search tags for this page
blow dry zagg
blow dryer for zagg screen protector
can you reinstall zagg invisible shield

can you reinstall zagg screen protector

hair dryer zagg
how to reinstall zagg invisibleshield

reinstall zagg invisibleshield

reinstalling zagg invisibleshield

wet streaks install screen protector go away
zagg blow dryer
zagg invisible shield hairdryer

zagg rainbow

zagg screen protector rainbow streaks

zagg shield reinstall
zagg+invisible+shield+could+be reinstalled?