just got droid 2 coming from droid 1 questions

iamloco724

Reaction score
just got the droid 2 had the droid one rooted with bugless beast

i just rooted the droid 2

got bootstrap on

also i uninstalled a few stock apps using the renaming method.. is there a full list of what i can actually rename safely cause theres quite a bit i dont need but dont want to mess anything up

if so if there is one can you link me if not can you post

what is the best rom out right now for droid 2?

what about kernels has this been overclocked at all?

im sure i will have plenty more questions but thats it for now

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As for the best rom thing, that's usually a preference thing but I'm a huge fan of liberty and its been garnering a lot of praise lately. As for the kernal thing that's still (and very well may remain) a no go. Kinda sucks coming from the d1.

tappin and a talkin

trook

Reaction score
Yeah spaz33g is right, the kernel thing sucks, the bootloader is locked on the d2, liberty is the best rom, and with liberty you can overclock using terminal emulator, also there are overclock apps availible on the market. there is a list of what can be renamed in the dx section under bloatware removal but if you run a rom you wont need it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The best ROM is the one that comes with the phone. You've rooted, just keep using 2.2. All this other stuff appears to have issues.

triptych

Reaction score
The best ROM is the one that comes with the phone. You've rooted, just keep using 2.2. All this other stuff appears to have issues.

Are you inferring that the d2 devs are producing buggy garbage? What makes rooted stock better? Do you rename/remove motoblur apps? Best overclock method?

I'm sure the OP would appreciate some good advice hookbill. I thought I knew everything about rooting and roming and theming droids until my brother asked me to tweak his d2. Its a whole new set of procedures and rules going from d1-d2.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Reaction score

Are you inferring that the d2 devs are producing buggy garbage? What makes rooted stock better? Do you rename/remove motoblur apps? Best overclock method?

I'm sure the OP would appreciate some good advice hookbill. I thought I knew everything about rooting and roming and theming droids until my brother asked me to tweak his d2. Its a whole new set of procedures and rules going from d1-d2.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

hookbill's very staunchly anti-rooting because he had a bad experience. So instead of offering the information people ask for, he's sharing his opinion instead. :iphone:

lizard

Reaction score
Im running a custom rom and I am not at the present time having any issues. Knock on wood!

Sent from my Squidlied Droid2 using Droid Forums app.....