Just bought Moto Droid .. NEED HELP!

piersm2

Reaction score
I just recently bought the droid and I would like some ideas of how to be able to customize it and some good apps to have on it. I really have no idea what I am doing on this so any help would be much appreciated!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Droid Forums. You kind of should have started in the new member area, but that's OK.

It's hard to say what to recommend for you. The Droid is very customizable and what I like may not float your boat.

One thing I can recommend for you is to download Screebl from the market so your Droid doesn't keep timing out on you. Ringdroid so you can have custom ringtones. Stay away from virus protection and task killers.

From there though you're on your own. You need to think of what you want on your Droid. Do you text a lot? I use handcent for my texting. I also use Google Voice for texting as well.

Download your music to your droid using a free program you can google called double twist IF you have iTunes. That will take care of your pictures too.

Visit our FAQ's section and read those. Theres a lot of good information there to help you understand your Droid.