Just a simple question

metawarlord

Reaction score
At the moment my DX is not rooted. I would like to root it but cannot afford my ignorance to brick my new and most amazing phone I've ever had. I only have a single question. If I rooted my DX, with z4root's new temp root. Set up the wireless wifi hotspot. Then went back to the phone unrooted. Could I still access the wifi hotspot thru the rom called bugless beast rom? If you could help me with this or tell me how to do this with out risking bricking please let me know. Or if you know an easy way to do this.

Thanks,
Metawarlord

Last edited:

KHeeney5

Reaction score
No, you have to remain rooted. So you have to do a permanate root. Check my signature for my Droid X Root writeup. It'll help you out! Not hard at all!

en28so

Reaction score
Don't be scared to root. Just read all the good articles here about how not to mess up, do a backup, what not to remove from your phone, etc. We're here to help with any questions you have anyways, before and after you root.

Droid X. Rooted with Z4root and underclocked to save battery life.

OP
metawarlord

metawarlord

Reaction score
Ok I will check it out thanks so much! ^.^

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
metawarlord

metawarlord

Reaction score
Don't be scared to root. Just read all the good articles here about how not to mess up, do a backup, what not to remove from your phone, etc. We're here to help with any questions you have anyways, before and after you root.

Ok you mentioned back up. Is there a program like clobezilla for linux that I can use to back up EVERYTHING including the "android os"?

OP
metawarlord

metawarlord

Reaction score
Oh yes one more question. If I roor. Or when I root. What happens when android 2.3 comes out?

en28so

Reaction score

Ok you mentioned back up. Is there a program like clobezilla for linux that I can use to back up EVERYTHING including the "android os"?

Not familiar with that program, but we have boot strap on the market that can do a complete backup of your phone, apps and your stock rom and user data etc. That's the first thing you should do before you start modding your phone.

en28so

Reaction score
Oh yes one more question. If I roor. Or when I root. What happens when android 2.3 comes out?

Once you do a backup of your stock phone you should be ok to update later on. We'll see what happens if and when it comes out. The experts will know what to do.

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
HOW COME NO ONE HAS CORRECTED THE OP YET ON THE FACT THAT BUGLESS BEAST IS A DROID 1 ROM. DO NOT TRY TO LOAD IT ON A DX!!! Sorry for all caps(I never do that) but this was screaming trouble.

OP
metawarlord

metawarlord

Reaction score
HOW COME NO ONE HAS CORRECTED THE OP YET ON THE FACT THAT BUGLESS BEAST IS A DROID 1 ROM. DO NOT TRY TO LOAD IT ON A DX!!! Sorry for all caps(I never do that) but this was screaming trouble.

So what would I need to do to make my dx. A with hotspot? Like using the bugless beast thing?

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Once one of these guys get u thru to being rooted, it's as simple as using an app like wireless tether. Free in market. U don't need a rom. However roms from tbh do include 3g hotspot app and scripting in their roms.

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Make sure if u r thinking of using a rom, pick one from the Droid x rom forums ONLY. ;)

OP
metawarlord

metawarlord

Reaction score
So there is a free wifi hotspot app?

en28so

Reaction score

Oops, my bad. Some how I didn't even notice that. Yes, use only roms for the X. Good call