Just a simple question

OP
metawarlord

metawarlord

Reaction score
Make sure if u r thinking of using a rom, pick one from the Droid x rom forums ONLY. ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Ok so I have the z4root apk not installed. Yet. And will buy the app you mentioned.I read all of the "rooted now what?" About 3 posts down from mine. You're a busy person lol. Ill be patient and read as much as possible so you don't have to babysit me =)

OP
metawarlord

metawarlord

Reaction score
Hey En how easy is this z4 app to use?

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey En how easy is this z4 app to use?

Very easy to use. Basically hit temp or permanent root button and your rooted.

But if you select temp it will not be rooted next time you reboot your phone.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX w/DF app\\

en28so

Reaction score
So there is a free wifi hotspot app?
I don't know if it's considered a hotspot app, but there's an app called wireless tether on the market. Some roms like dark slide have the free 3g hotspot built in. I tried that one and it worked great. But just get the one I told you. It works great too.

Droid X. Rooted with Z4root and underclocked to save battery life.

en28so

Reaction score
Once one of these guys get u thru to being rooted, it's as simple as using an app like wireless tether. Free in market. U don't need a rom. However roms from tbh do include 3g hotspot app and scripting in their roms.

Lol I just replied the same thing.

OP
metawarlord

metawarlord

Reaction score
Sorry I just hit some confusion... en you quoted someone and it said to just get the one you told me about... which one is that? Basically I just want wifi for my lappy and for my itouch that is basically a glorified music playing paper weight with out internets lol

OP
metawarlord

metawarlord

Reaction score
Wow sorry for the stupid question. Just got it... ok. So use z4. Then back it up. Then use the wireless feather app. Its that easy?

en28so

Reaction score
Sorry I just hit some confusion... en you quoted someone and it said to just get the one you told me about... which one is that? Basically I just want wifi for my lappy and for my itouch that is basically a glorified music playing paper weight with out internets lol

Wireless tether. It's in the market.

OP
metawarlord

metawarlord

Reaction score
Wow sorry for the stupid question. Just got it... ok. So use z4. Then back it up. Then use the wireless feather app. Its that easy?

It can't be THAT easy right?

en28so

Reaction score

Pretty much yes. Just remember to use boot strap to make your backup. Here's how you do it : install z4root( make sure you have unknown sources and usb debugging checked in your application settings). Run z4root, then hit permanent root, let the phone reboot. Then install boot strap, hit "bootstrap recover ", then "reboot recover". Then with the volume down key scroll down to "backup,recovery. Then choose "backup "with the camera button.when that's done, go back to the previous screen with the power button. Then choose reboot with the camera button. You're done. Install wireless tether, enjoy.

OP
metawarlord

metawarlord

Reaction score
Alright cool. Ima think and read about this. Wish me luck. Thanks guys!

OP
metawarlord

metawarlord

Reaction score
ok. so here is my last question for now......... when i root this phone. and do the back up. do i HAVE to run a ROM? or will it just work like normal only have the root permissions?

en28so

Reaction score
ok. so here is my last question for now......... when i root this phone. and do the back up. do i HAVE to run a ROM? or will it just work like normal only have the root permissions?
Correct. You don't have to run a custom rom. You can just install the root only apps if you want.

OP
metawarlord

metawarlord

Reaction score
So then everything including the regular apps will work while rooted?