Joining the Thunderbolt crowd tomorrow!

llgeg

Reaction score
Hello all! I am beyond excited to get the Thunderbolt tomorrow. I got an amazing deal that I couldn't pass up. It will be my first smartphone, so I am feeling a bit overwhelmed reading some of the posts. Root, widgets, etc etc. Not sure what I "need" to do for this baby.

A few things if you don't mind, I am looking at cases, and would love recommendations for both cases and screen protectors. I'd like a thin case, nothing too bulky. Do the mirrored screen protectors work well?

Just a general survey, what are your favorite widgets?

Also, are the off brand car chargers/home chargers just as good?

Thanks!

Janet

want a droid

Reaction score
In terms of screen protectors I've always gone with anti-glare/anti-fingerprint ones. I hate fingerprints on my devices so they're my favorite.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Hello all! I am beyond excited to get the Thunderbolt tomorrow. I got an amazing deal that I couldn't pass up. It will be my first smartphone, so I am feeling a bit overwhelmed reading some of the posts. Root, widgets, etc etc. Not sure what I "need" to do for this baby.

A few things if you don't mind, I am looking at cases, and would love recommendations for both cases and screen protectors. I'd like a thin case, nothing too bulky. Do the mirrored screen protectors work well?

Just a general survey, what are your favorite widgets?

Also, are the off brand car chargers/home chargers just as good?

Thanks!

Janet

Whats the amazing deal you got? care to share :icon_ banana:

OP
L

llgeg

Reaction score
Sure! :) I only paid $70. I re-upped for a 2yr contract, but I do that every time.

mitchb2

Reaction score
As far as cases, the Seidio Innocase Surface looks really nice. But I can't find anyplace local that sells them so that I can check one out in person.

The TB feels very slippery to me, so I really want something rubberized before I drop it!

OP
L

llgeg

Reaction score
As far as cases, the Seidio Innocase Surface looks really nice. But I can't find anyplace local that sells them so that I can check one out in person.

The TB feels very slippery to me, so I really want something rubberized before I drop it!

That's my issue, I don't really want to order a case online unless I can physically feel/see it first.

OP
L

llgeg

Reaction score
Sure! :) I only paid $70. I re-upped for a 2yr contract, but I do that every time.

How u get it for 70 :icon_eek:

I called initially and spoke with sales, then when they only offered me an additional $50 off, I asked to be transferred to their retention/loyalty department. ;) They were great, and gave me an additional credit which brought the cost down to $70.00.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score

I called initially and spoke with sales, then when they only offered me an additional $50 off, I asked to be transferred to their retention/loyalty department. ;) They were great, and gave me an additional credit which brought the cost down to $70.00.

Your good :hail:

OP
L

llgeg

Reaction score

LOL, thanks, I just explained my situation and said I couldn't afford to pay $250.00.

funkyb

Reaction score

LOL, thanks, I just explained my situation and said I couldn't afford to pay $250.00.

Everybody get that? I find this works in a lot of places, and the OP said the magic words: "I can't afford that." You don't threaten to go to a competetitor because the deal is better, you simply say you can't afford it.

These magic words have kept me on a 6-month promo price for my home Telephone and Internet for going on 2 years now. Each time the period is up, I call right back.

I've also had luck with my Satalite TV service, and with a hospital bill after my daughter was born (they took an extra 25% off after I agreed to pay now).

It never hurts to ask!

03stampededak

Reaction score

I do not know of any retail locations where you can actually find Seidio cases. But , I can tell you the Seidio Innocase Surface that is currently on my thunderbolt is awesome. It fits perfectly and has a slip resistant, but not rubbery feel. It is perfect.

RedTarget

Reaction score
I went with the Steinheil Ultra Oleophobic screen protector and am thrilled with it. Many people handled my phone at work and everyone asked when I was going to get a screen protector... It's that clear and smooth! Also you get 2 in a package! However this is one of those accessories that each person has their own preference. This one is as smooth and clear as glass while resisting oils.

For a case I went with the Beyond brand black gel/silicone case that is about 1mm thick and aids in the grip department. All of the cutouts are in the proper places along with raised buttons which make the power and volume buttons easier to press.

Purchased both from amazon.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App