Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
Hello All :)

I have gone from the original Droid to the Droid Eris to the Samsung Fascinate to the DroidX, and here I am not joining you wonderful thunderbolt people :)

I recently traded with a user on swappa for a thunderbolt and as long as he doesn't stiff me, I should get it tomorrow in the mail (i will then run to verizon to get my SIM card)

Anywho, it is coming stock so that i can root and play around with it as much as I need.

Any recommendations/hints/tips that you guys can give me for when I get it? I definitely plan on browsing the battery discussion forum because I do know battery life is a problem....so I plan on reading up today.

Thanks and I am so excited to be joining all of you!

Reaction score
Welcome RG. The Thunderbolt kicks all those other phones to the curb!
If you configure it correctly and don't have the brightness at full blast all the time your batter life should be ok. I get anywhere from 12 - 20 hours most days with the occasional 8 or 9 hour day under extreme use.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Congrats on the Tbolt. I would try running CM7 on that beast. ;)

CM74DX

OP
RyansGirl101302
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
Super excited...yeah im used to when i get home from work i plug it in right away since the battery seems to be in the yellow. the one thread I read listed a bunch of things i can try and i saw a ton of them that i can do that won't effect me. Super excited to try. Has anyone done a trade of a phone before? Nervous because I am temporarily using the Original Moto Droid until I get it (that is our backup smart phone) and I hope he mails the TB because if not I have this one until October and then I have to pay for a renewal to get one and I am BROKE LoL

Yeah I can't wait to get this thing going with stuff. My Droid Eris I was all about putting new Roms and stuff. The DroidX I really didn't do much to and it's been stock...so I am psyched!

Hopefully I don't come back with a post saying "got shafted on swappa" EEP!

markgam

Reaction score
The biggest thing I found to increase three battery life if my TBolt is to turn off 4g. I an now able to use my phone for an entire day with very heavy use (email, phone, & texts). I am using the HTC extended battery.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
RyansGirl101302
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
I did not get shafted!! i got my TB today and am LOVING the HTC feel. So much better than my DroidX. I am doing things of a list of items to do to help increase battery life. I have 4G near my house but not at my house so I am keeping 4G off.

Now what ROMS are highly recommended?

Sele

T-Bolt RS Team Leader
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Congrats on the new Tbolt. I'm glad the swap worked well. Now it's time to change your phone in your profile.:p Enjoy your phone!!

OP
RyansGirl101302
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
I have rooted and have updated my phone info LOL now to decide new launcher or new RAM....hmmmm

Sent from my rooted and blossoming Thunderbolt.

adam207

Reaction score
How did u shut ur 4 g off because i never get it im running on 3 g

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Beardface

Reaction score
4G LTE is too good to turn off if you are in a 4G area. The speeds at which everything loads just cannot be beat.

I went out and got the extended battery for the phone. Yeah, it looks like its pregnant now, but seriously, after having it this way for a few months, I can't imagine NOT having it. It really just increases the battery life to the point where it outperforms pretty much anything else out there on the market. I was recently at a festival in an area where it kept switching from 4G to 3G, which would literally drain ANY device, and only saw a 20% drop in the 3-4 hours I was there. Not bad at all. I can easily get more than a day out of this phone now, even strictly on 4G with no additional tweaks to the phone while running a live wallpaper with auto-adjust activated on brightness. Oh, and the thing fits better in your hand with the bump.

For what it does, $50 is a small price to pay to make this phone the beast it should have been in the first place.