I've been missing out...

The Albatross

Reaction score
What up forums?

So yeah, got a Droid 2 a few weeks ago...first mobile phone I've had since I bought a Motorola Razr god knows how many years ago. Obviously, the differences and capabilities are staggering. So with that, what now?

I've download a few Apps and whatnot, but I'm interested in this whole rooting business, since I'm on winter break and have a lot of free time.

I've explored the forums a bit, but it almost seems like there is too much info out there and with seemingly multiple forums on here devoted to hacking - I don't know where to start.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. The links in my signature are good places to start with rooting. Specifically pc747's guides. Enjoy your stay and let us know if you have any questions.

tappin and a talkin

OP
T

The Albatross

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. The links in my signature are good places to start with rooting. Specifically pc747's guides. Enjoy your stay and let us know if you have any questions.

tappin and a talkin

for starters, what is this "tappin and a talkin" business at the end of people's posts?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Tapatalk is an app that let's you browse the forums quickly and efficiently from your phone. There is a free app based on tapatalk built specificly for our community. Search droidforums in the marketplace. I use tapatalk which is paid but has a few more features.

tappin and a talkin

OP
T

The Albatross

Reaction score
Tapatalk is an app that let's you browse the forums quickly and efficiently from your phone. There is a free app based on tapatalk built specificly for our community. Search droidforums in the marketplace. I use tapatalk which is paid but has a few more features.

tappin and a talkin

thanks, maybe after an hour so of reading and whatnot I'll have more questions.

OP
T

The Albatross

Reaction score
Okay, been reading the forums, I see the term Blur used a lot, what is it, what are people referencing when they mention it?

Also, if I just rooted my phone, the next step is to back everything up, correct?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Blur is motorolas user interface. Although some people like it, you can generally make the phone a little faster and smoother if it is not present. As for what you're next step is, it really depends on what you want to do with the phone.

tappin and a talkin