ITo root or not to root ?

chefb

Reaction score
I'm new to all of this tech stuff but its do addictive. Some say root is the way to go others...not so much. In your opinion is root really worth the risk ?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
For me, rooting outweighed any risk. If you decide to root I suggest that you read, read, and read some more. Make notes. If you have questions post. Finally, if you decide to root, the community will be there to assist with any issues you may encounter.

Mike

jrmdroid

Reaction score
For me I could not wait to root. However I took the approach to read up on what root was and read up on how to actually do it. I spent a few months reading the posts here and pulled the trigger last week. If you decide to, just make sure you know how to back out of something just in case it does not look right. In my sig there are a few links on how to root properly and within these post I was able to feel comfortable enough to pull the trigger. When in doubt do a search here at Droid forums and more then likely you'll find what your looking for in an answer or just ask someone here will know. There is a wealth of knowledge here and it is easy to tap into that. So yes for me it was worth the risk. There is so much more I can do now.

Good luck. When in doubt, ask.

Last edited: