It should be almost here, you know what i'm talking about

Ryujin13

Reaction score
Well I finally got Motorola tech support and Verizon level 2 support to agree.

Motorola said Gingerbread has not been deployed yet.

Verizon said that it was shown as "coming soon" in their internal documents and has not been deployed yet. They were trained on the Gingerbread update for the Droid X three days before it was pushed to phones. They have not been trained on the Gingerbread update for the Droid 2 Global yet.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Welp, I've been schooled. Verizon happily announces the 2.3 push and Moto says uhhh, no. I'm pretty gullible and took Verizon at its word... I'll not believe any mega-corporation again... I'll monitor this forum for the truth. I have now joined the ranks of you that have jerked around by Moto and Verizon and become a cynic...it's a shame...

D2G

Agreed....can't believe the level of miscommunication with this

pastorgadget

Reaction score
Oh well, at least I'm unrooted and ready when the update DOES come. And then I'll root once again. :)

warped1987

Reaction score
Yeah, really pissed too, it's BS the lack of Professionalism they have, how long have your companies been taking over the world and you can't even get a release date right? Jeezuz. Well I'm un-rooted and ready to go when you guys are, so get your 5H1t together. But at the same time, I don't want them releasing it to everyone if it's going to be crap, so I hope when they do release it, it's perfect.

anguish

Reaction score
At least it IS coming though. From what I've read, had it been released on the 15th, that means they would have skipped the soak test. With the exception of release a patch for a critical vulnerability, I see no reason why they'd skip something like that.

silver6054

Reaction score
Oh well, at least I'm unrooted and ready when the update DOES come. And then I'll root once again. :)

And how will you root post-update? Didn't think that was yet available

rpdonald

Reaction score
So, a friend of mine just got an email from a certain phone manufacturer that said that a certain bath test had not started yet. It also said he would be informed when the bath began.