Droid 2 Global Notification Light

SLIM

Reaction score
My question is regarding the notification light on my Droid 2 Global Phone. MY previous phone was a Black Berry. It was very easy to program the Notification light to almost any color for any event " E-mail, txt, phone, etc"

I did a lot of searching on here for a program that will run correctly on my D2G , and none of them control the indicator light. Does anyone on here know of any such program that will allow what I am looking for?

It seems as if the Droid 2 Global does not take to the programs from previous Droid Models,, at least regarding the Notification LIght.

On my BB I was able to know who was calling , e-mailing , texting via the color of the led indocator,,,,,,any suggestions would be very helpfulll

Thanks in advance

:motdroidvert: SLIM

OP
SLIM

SLIM

Reaction score
I too was wondering this also having come from a Blackberry.

While I love my D2Global , I miss the battery life and the programmable led indicator light of the BB. Other than that, the Droid2Global has the BB beat by miles. I have tried a couple of the Market place apps, the programs run, but do not change anyhting as far as the led indicator light. Seems as if the D2G hardware is just not reconizing the software... any programmers on here that know of anything that is compatible with the new D2G yet>>>>???

Guess it could be worse, at least the Droid has the green indicator led, unlike the I-Phone that has none..

Snare

Reaction score
The app Blink is the closest I've seen.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

currentweb

Reaction score
Well, NYC is in sight from the right hills.
Yeah, Blink works... Not sure if it has all the options you're looking for though.
D2G compadibility is a major issue with the hardware. Don't ask me why, but it is. Don't worry, though, it is coming. The issues aren't as bad as you might think.

OP
SLIM

SLIM

Reaction score
I tried blink,, did not work as far as the light went. I was told by other people the D2G is a different animal from the regular Droids. I even tried the program MISS CALL and still nothing. THe light would blink the color you chose on the first ring one time, than automatically switch back to green the next blink, almost as if the hardware and software on the Droid corrects it...very weird.

jmdale1984

Reaction score
Handcent SMS successfully changes the indicator light color for the D2G for texts. I've yet to find a program that will do this for other notifications (either on my D2G or my old Droid 1). Also a former BB user.

TwoBuells

Reaction score
Chevy01 SS rom for the Droid 1 has that feature. Maybe someone will add that feature to their rom

gilmourd

Reaction score
Does anyone out there have a documentation on what those colors mean? I have not been able to find any article from Motorola giving the details of the notification lights. The best I have seen it's some collected thoughts from various users on the internet. I think Motorola really dropped the ball on this issue.

I am also another former BB user. Is there someway to get more details from the call log? Specifically, when I miss a call, all I see in the call log is that "1 hour ago" or "2 hours ago". I want to see the exact time that the call was made. Any info would be great.

TwoBuells

Reaction score
Does anyone out there have a documentation on what those colors mean? I have not been able to find any article from Motorola giving the details of the notification lights. The best I have seen it's some collected thoughts from various users on the internet. I think Motorola really dropped the ball on this issue.

I am also another former BB user. Is there someway to get more details from the call log? Specifically, when I miss a call, all I see in the call log is that "1 hour ago" or "2 hours ago". I want to see the exact time that the call was made. Any info would be great.

I'm running Fission Rom w/Thirdeye theme and my call log has date and time down to the second......

jgwilliams

Reaction score
Dialer one app in the market is a better dialer program than the one that comes with the D2G. Shows date and time of missed calls in the log. Was a recommendation from a forum manager in the motorola support forum.