It should be almost here, you know what i'm talking about

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Up to you, if you have a stock backup via clockwork, you can just debootstrap the phone from that backup.
If you're running stock rooted without bootstrap, just put all the bloat back when the update comes around.

Dolfns99

Reaction score
So my phone is rioted with z4 root, runn the denim rom. Im gonna sbf and goto Verizon to have gingerbread update on my phone tonight. Anthing other than sbf I need to di to nt phone before getting update?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Dolfns99

Reaction score
Damn keypad. Anyways running denim. Im going to go to Verizon and have them update gingerbread to my phone. Will get back with a developer to give update

Byakushiki

Reaction score
I doubt they'll of be much help, better to just wait for the update if you ask me, but feel free to try.
Denim=Fenom? :huh:

Dolfns99

Reaction score
Ok cancel that thought. Lady gave me wrong info. Said they could update to phone. But she was wrong
Will wait for the OTA

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
yea the D2G almost seems un-brickable.. i mean with all the SBF abilities and recovery stuffs... i dunno it seems pretty difficult to brick one from what i've seen so far.. lol dancedroid

My D2G is hard bricked. It didn't appear to be brought on by software, but now it fails to turn on, even with a factory moto cable... press the power button and nothing happens, PC wont even recognize it, all I get is the side light to turn on as if charging.

aceoyame

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Have you tried a wall charger or better yet, taking a micro usb cable and splitting it open and shorting the data pairs? I have a cable like that at work I made and it charges my phone no matter what. If I let my phone completely die I have no choice but to use a wall charger or my cable I made at work. The simple reason for this is that motorola forums follow the usb specs to the tee, even in their bootloader and that's the problem.

USB normally only supplies 50 MA until a device tells the USB controller how much to push down. Well... the droid 2 in its bootloader does the same thing except it needs more then 50 to power on so it never does. If you short the data pairs then it can pull down 500 MA which is much better.

Ryujin13

Reaction score
Its easier to have someone else with another D2G charge the battery for you then try to sbf again