Sd card question

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Will a class 10 micro sd work in my d2g? Found one on sale for a ridiculously cheap. If not what is the highest class that will function.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Last edited:

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Class 10 doesn't work very well. If I remember correctly the highest that works right is class 6. There was a thread on here that had a good discussion about it but I cant remember the name of it.

Sent from an Angelic D2G

Damon

Reaction score
All classes are compatible.
Class 10 micro sd means that the read speed is 10 mb/s which is pretty darn fast compared to most Class 2 cards, reading only 2 mb/s.

OP
bdsullivan76

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
I think I found that thread last night. From what I read a class 10 will geek out your phone, some even had problems with class 6 according to the thread.

joe.bob

Reaction score
I used to have a class 10 micro sd and it was always screwy in my droid x. Max read/write speeds were no better than a class 4, and it constantly had trouble writing to the card to save files, like pics videos, etc. Using a class 4 now and it works great, super fast

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Class 10 doesn't work very well. If I remember correctly the highest that works right is class 6. There was a thread on here that had a good discussion about it but I cant remember the name of it.

Sent from an Angelic D2G
Class 6 Transcend SD card here, with no problems.

Will a class 10 micro sd work in my d2g? Found one on sale for a ridiculously cheap. If not what is the highest class that will function.

Looking at NewEgg the class 10 cards are just not that reliable yet. In time I am sure they will be.

General comment but I have this app:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.sdincrease.it&feature=search_result
Tends to help with my SD Card speeds. Theres a thread on XDA somewhere talking about how the android phones coded setting for read/write speed are lower then what they could be. Perhaps Google does this to help with stability of class 2 cards. Some people reported huge increased, Some reported smaller increases. For me the increase werent huge. Write speeds werent improved much at all but read speeds jumped alot. You can use this app to test the before and after speeds.

Reaction score
Guys... The class doesn't even really matter. All it means is the MINIMUM write speeds. Cards that are rated as class 2 or 6 will perform JUST AS WELL IN OUR PHONES as class 10.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Guys... The class doesn't even really matter. All it means is the MINIMUM write speeds. Cards that are rated as class 2 or 6 will perform JUST AS WELL IN OUR PHONES as class 10.

Then how come it is always been recommended to use a Class 6 card for apps2sd? I just find that really hard to believe that we see no difference.

Reaction score

Then how come it is always been recommended to use a Class 6 card for apps2sd? I just find that really hard to believe that we see no difference.

Obviously if you're running apps from the SD card, a higher class will work better. Given the fact that we have 8GB of internal storage, why would you ever run app2sd? It just increases the odds of something going buggy with your phone, and slows down its performance.