issues with rsdlite

kanyonkritter

Reaction score
i have searched quite a bit and have not found a similar issue. My main goal is to get my razar to the .173 build and maintain root. I was at .748 and wanted to flash back to stock (.744) to start from a "fresh starting point" after downloading the the most current version of rsdLITTE (5.6 anyways), the most current moto drivers, and the applicable sbf files. I tried flashing the fast boot files per the instructions that are available on various droid forums. My problem is RSD does not recognize my phone when my phone is in fastboot mode. When my phone is in normal ops. RSD see's my phone. If I start the flashing process RSD will say "switching the phone to fastboot mode" and I watch it physically see it happen on my phone (it switches to fastboot) after a period of time RSD says "phone failed to switch to fastboot". I asked around all over the place and no one has heard of this or had an idea of how to fix. So I ended up learning bit about ADB and found the files to manually (through command prompt) flash to744. I cant find the files to manually update to build .748 or .173. I tried to update via OTA to .748 several times all resulting in failures. Ive tried different downloads of the sbf files, rsdlite, and the moto drivers. I am running xp pro and tried two different machines and several different cables all of the combinations resulting in the same issues as described above when attempting to flash with RSD.

Note: Im quite positive this is not a usb cable problem as every other razr/pc interface works, i can transfer files, use pda.net, charge...etc

eidian

Reaction score
It sounds like you're following most of the instructions so all that comes to mind is:

1) Do an MD5 check on your downloaded 744 file.
2) Put the phone in fastboot yourself--don't let RSD lite try to do it for you.

I was running Infex on 748 and decided to upgrade to 173 and stay stock (rooted but not debloating) last night and I was successful. One thing to note: RSD lite did NOT have ANY details listed for my device (all details said N/A). Sounds like you got hung up on your phone not getting recognized--don't worry about it. Just remember to re-root when you're back to 744 and use Voodoo to retain root before you OTA to 748.

Reaction score
When you say that rsd does not recognize the phone when it is in fastboot mode, two things that might help.

1. Sometimes when rsd does not see my phone at all, I leave the phone plugged in and just close rsd and open it again. If that doesn't work, then unplug phone and plug it back in. It sounds dumb but sometimes I would have to do that a couple of times before it would recognize the phone.

2. The other issue.... and very important.... how much battery do you have? When you are in fastboot mode of it says battery low, rsd may not recognize it because the phone is sort of hibernating. There needs to be at least like 60% but I would make sure it is fully charged to be safe.

Edit: just saw your posts on droidrzr so I apologize if my recommendations seem too basic since you obviously do have experience with rsd. Didn't mean to insult you by treating you like a noob. ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:
Reaction score
Also, the other day when I was trying to rsd I was in the same boat as you with it not recognizing my phone, even though I have done it previously. So I went into my computer and uninstalled motohelper and then went to the official Motorola site and downloaded it from there and it worked perfectly on the first try.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
K

kanyonkritter

Reaction score
Lol i am a noob :) better to be safe than sorry lmfao just to prove that how in the hell do you check the md5 sum? Its why i tried different down loads thinking that it could be my problem.

lucky42

Reaction score
rsd lite doesnt see bionic in fastboot

i had a similar issue for the bionic trying to flash to.902, rsd lite 5.5 wouldnt see my phone in fastboot only in sbf mode. I uninstalled all of my drivers then installed rsd lite 5.7 and the drivers, then i restarted my computer and it worked. It still came up as N/A on the left box that shows your device, but before nothing came up. Not sure if it was a driver issue or a software because im a noob, but i hope this helps somebody , heres the guide its for the bionic so you have to find different sbf files but youll have rsd lite and drivers http://http://androidforums.com/bionic-all-things-root/480176-how-flash-5-5-893-5-9-902-rsdlite.html

:icon_ banana:

Last edited:

jwilly216

Reaction score
did u guys ever figure out how to get rsdlite to recognize ur phone while in fastboot??? i need help!!! It's a matter of gingerbread or Ice Cream Sandwich!!