i have abandoned all hope of using rsdlite.......so a?

kanyonkritter

Reaction score
Quick rundown rsd has failed me....i was able to download a file and sdk to get back to. 744 but now i cant ota. 748 my main objective is to get to. 173 so I can try out the "eclipse" rom. I have the files downloaded to flash my razr with rsd but rsd is not an option. Will somebody much more knowledgeable than myself walk me through/instruct my on exactly how to use sdk to install the updates??????many thank yous and my deepest graditude in advance.

TexasRules777

Reaction score
Are you missing any pre loaded apps from 744? I rsd my phone after boot looping and after I did a factory reset the update to 748 was there in about 10 minutes. I used root it's keeper then flashed the new leak..worked fine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
K

kanyonkritter

Reaction score
done a few resets already and that didnt help so i dont think that's the problem. The deal is with RSD is it wont recognize my phone when its in fastboot but see's it when its in normal ops. When I do connect in normal ops RSD will actually switch my phone into fastboot, i see it happen, then RSD says "phone failed to switch into fastboot". The only way I have been able to flash anything to my phone is through command prompt.

Captmilk

Reaction score
So you went to Settings/Privacy/Factory Rest, then after reboot to Settings/About Phone/System Update, (download the update and install)which will make your system current and ready for 173?

OP
K

kanyonkritter

Reaction score
i have searched quite a bit and have not found a similar issue. My main goal is to get my razar to the .173 build and maintain root. I was at .748 and wanted to flash back to stock (.744) to start from a "fresh starting point" after downloading the the most current version of rsdLITTE (5.6 anyways), the most current moto drivers, and the applicable sbf files. I tried flashing the fast boot files per the instructions that are available on various droid forums. My problem is RSD does not recognize my phone when my phone is in fastboot mode. When my phone is in normal ops. RSD see's my phone. If I start the flashing process RSD will say "switching the phone to fastboot mode" and I watch it physically see it happen on my phone (it switches to fastboot) after a period of time RSD says "phone failed to switch to fastboot". I asked around all over the place and no one has heard of this or had an idea of how to fix. So I ended up learning bit about ADB and found the files to manually (through command prompt) flash to744. I cant find the files to manually update to build .748 or .173. I tried to update via OTA to .748 several times all resulting in failures. Ive tried different downloads of the sbf files, rsdlite, and the moto drivers. I am running xp pro and tried two different machines and several different cables all of the combinations resulting in the same issues as described above when attempting to flash with RSD.

Note: Im quite positive this is not a usb cable problem as every other razr/pc interface works, i can transfer files, use pda.net, charge...etc not a battery charge% issue either. I always flash when i am 80% or better.

Last edited:
OP
K

kanyonkritter

Reaction score
So you went to Settings/Privacy/Factory Rest, then after reboot to Settings/About Phone/System Update, (download the update and install)which will make your system current and ready for 173?

yes I have tried both from the privacy option and from recovery.