Issues with FRG22D on DROID(A855)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smellelectric

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a fix in the works for some of the issues that are occuring with the "official" OTA release of FROYO? I originally flashed the FRG01B(I think it was B) build of FROYO to my Droid in mid-August, I was tired of waiting for the OTA push from Verizon/Motorola and it was pretty easy. The new OS worked great! My phone seemed faster, more home screens, etc. Then, early this month the OTA release of the FRG22D build came and since I've updated I can't sync to an Exchange server. I have installed Touchdown to get around the issue for now but if Android thinks they're going to be able to compete w/BB for the business segment of the market I should think they might want their devices to work with what is arguably one of the most widely used e-mail/communication apps on the planet. In addition to the exchange issue, my phone REALLY LAGS now! When I return to the home screen, it will often take 2 - 3 seconds before I actually get to that screen. I have tried going back to the FRG01B build manually, but the device won't allow it. Is anyone aware of anything coming down the line to address any of these issues a way to go back to the earlier build or do the Android developers think they're Microsoft now and can just push out OS changes before they're really ready?

turdbogls

Reaction score
as far as i know, there is no fix for the lag (or redraws of home pages) you and many of us are experiencing. there is a 'fix" for it but you have to be rooted to do it.

and as far as i know, there is nothing in the works from verizon or google for a fix...they could be working on something but i havn't heard anything about it. it is a pretty common issue, something that i just learned to live with. it is a llittle better on a custom rom, but it still happens once in a while.

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
It can also be improved with an alternative launcher. I'm on stock Froyo 2.2 using Launcher Pro Plus; fiddling with the settings cuts redraws way down.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
smellelectric

smellelectric

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a way to revert to the FRG01B build? It seems to me that this might correct all of these issues.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a way to revert to the FRG01B build? It seems to me that this might correct all of these issues.

You can't go back to FRG01B without rooting. If you are having problems with the last update then do a Factory Data Reset out of your privacy section.

That should clear up any issues you are having with FRG22D.

Please use this thread for discussions on 2.2.:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...o-rollout-thread-version2-139.html#post830222

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd try as hook mentioned, a factory reset and fresh install of FRG22.

Status
Not open for further replies.