Issues since last OTA update

JBassRN

Reaction score
I am having tons of issues. First off, my screen will not turn off unless I manually do so. I have changed the screen time several times, and it will not turn off. So, if I get a text message, my screen stays on until I check the message and turn the screen off. Also, I am having some multitouch issues which I had originally when I bought the phone. (They disappeared after about a month and I had not been having the problems anymore). What happens is my touch screen does not respond at times and when it happen I have to turn the screen off and back on to get it to work, OR touch the screen in two place simultaneously, release, and then continue use as normal.

Hoping for a fix to this SOON!

rustydog

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 9
I assume that you are talking Note 3, your profile still shows Bionic. I have the latest OTA and don't have the display turn off problem. I changed my display time out to 15 sec and it was right on queue. I can't demo the text problem without a 2nd phone but I haven't noticed the text issue that you have. I am not normally a fan of this but try powering off the phone, pull the battery for a minute, reinstall then power on.
The only on going issue that I have is reopening previously read POP3 emails.

KaChow

Reaction score
I am having tons of issues. First off, my screen will not turn off unless I manually do so. I have changed the screen time several times, and it will not turn off. So, if I get a text message, my screen stays on until I check the message and turn the screen off. Also, I am having some multitouch issues which I had originally when I bought the phone. (They disappeared after about a month and I had not been having the problems anymore). What happens is my touch screen does not respond at times and when it happen I have to turn the screen off and back on to get it to work, OR touch the screen in two place simultaneously, release, and then continue use as normal.

Hoping for a fix to this SOON!

So, it sounds like there is some stuff that is going on that has happened before on earlier OS's that are now resurfacing. The first thing that I would like to suggest is begin by downloading this application it is a Backup application which works well for those without Root, I am assuming you do not have Root. The app is called Super Backup: SMS & Contacts anyhow install this app, go into settings setup the storage to "/storage/extsdCard/SuperBackup" that way all your backups will be stored on your SD card. Then start backing everything up.

Once, everything is backed up go ahead and Power off your device. Hold the Power button and select Power-off let the screen turn completely black. Once, it has turned off-> go ahead at the same time [hold volume up+home button+power button]-> you'll see the "dead android" with the Volume button down highlight "wipe cache partition" then hit the power button, then do nothing else-> reboot system now-> hit the power button. Let me know if you see a difference in any of those trouble areas that you have.

OP
J

JBassRN

Reaction score
Yes, I have a non-rooted Note 3. Screen timer resolved with pulling battery. Will try to clear the cache on Thursday when I have a little time and see if that helps the multi-touch problems. I was thrilled when the original multi-touch problems resolved because I was near getting rid of the device over it and going back to an S3, and now they are back. =(