Keep Screen Off With Incoming Calls

kornfeld

Reaction score
Is there any way to keep the screen off when a call comes in? I'd like to be able to turn the screen on with the power button, but have the default set so the screen stays off.

The issue I'm having is that someone will call while my phone is in my pocket, and the screen automatically turns on. There are many times when I can't answer calls throughout the day, so I can't take the phone out of my pocket. The screen will detect my pants pocket/leg touching the screen, so it will keep the screen from turning back off. There have been several times where the screen has been on for a few hours by the time I get my phone out of my pocket.

Any way to keep the screen off with incoming calls? Thanks in advance.

OP
kornfeld

kornfeld

Reaction score
Bump....anyone know how to do this? Or at least know if it can or can't be done?

OP
kornfeld

kornfeld

Reaction score
The screen will detect my pants pocket/leg touching the screen, so it will keep the screen from turning back off regardless of what I set that time to.

The best solution would be for the screen to just not automatically turn on. Anyone know how to do that?

geoff5093

Reaction score
Change the way you put the phone in your pocket. It's a capacitive device, so if you have the screen facing outwards away from your leg your pants shouldn't interact with the display.

eddieharv

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3
I need the same. I use Bluetooth and dislike pulling my phone out of my pocket to turn off the screen. That includes pulling it out again when I end the call.